Thread: Soundblaster xfi titanium problems after creators update...sound reproduced wrongly....

Soundblaster xfi titanium problems after creators update...sound reproduced wrongly....

Hi all, since the creators update was installed my sound from my xfi dedicated card is borked....when i say borked, i mean the quality is terrible; sound is muffled...there is too much volume at low volume levels, and when clicking on the audio devices the "output" level meter is always at 100% even at low volume.

Im not sure how Microsoft has managed to bork an external sound card so much, but it has. I have tried removing drivers completely, using ccleaner to clean registry of sound drivers, and have reinstalled the latest driver on windows 10 which worked fine previous to this update. Nothing works.

Aside from uninstalling this painfully bad update (one of many recently) is there anything else anyone has found that solves this problem?

Thanks for any help in advance.

Nb the sound coming through the usb/motherboard is absolutely fine. Just the sound card is now broken. I have tried several drivers now and nothing works....even the standard windows 10 loaded driver shows the same symptoms. HEEEELP!

I have tried reinstalling drivers, tried Daniel Ks pack (which worked fine before) and tried disabling the device and re-enabling. The settings for speakers are all correct (5.1) but the sound is off until set to 2.1 which makes it sound a bit better for some reason. Its like the gain introduced has messed with the range of audio. Bass in particular now is heavier than it should be causing sub vibration at relatively low loudness. The thing is its not just the base but the whole lower end of the audio spectrum that is too loud; whole thing just sounds wrong. Anyone know what might have happened?

Re: Soundblaster xfi titanium problems after creators update...sound reproduced wrongly....

Ill guess this is a problem that will maybe require new drivers as its a new build of windows, which we wont be getting with creative im sure of. Is there anyone else with this same problem, who has any ideas of what i can do apart from buy a new soundcard. Was happy with this low end card before....but it is old!

Trusted Contributor

Re: Soundblaster xfi titanium problems after creators update...sound reproduced wrongly....

Well, you can try to "refresh" (or reinstall) Windows 10 to the Creator Update. Maybe the upgrade from AU to CU did something.

Contributor

Creator's update broke my X-Fi drivers, I reinstalled using the latest Daniel K driver pack (I googled it, found Daniel K's blog site) and that fixed issues I was experiencing.

Super Contributor

Even if creative does fix it a new version of Windows 10 will come out in September and probably break it again. 1511 broke the driver and it took creative 3 months to fix it. Daniel K took 15 months to fix his drivers. 1703 added a bug where it keeps disabling the mic and neither drivers address this issue.