Thread: EMU [Creative]

Contributor

EMU [Creative]

Hi,

Do people still post on these forums? - Is the community still active?

What is the state of Creative EMU? - I've not seen any new cards on the market but some drivers have been updated.

I've got a number of EMU products [amongst others] - Will they ever release anything again - Creative are a big company, maybe EMU are not so big [I don't know] but there are quite a lot of people to buy their products and they have a fan base for the want of a better way of putting it -

Just post here to show there is some level of activity and the forum isn't like a ghost town !!!

Re: EMU [Creative]

Quote Originally Posted by fraz View Post
    Hi,

Do people still post on these forums? - Is the community still active?

What is the state of Creative EMU? - I've not seen any new cards on the market but some drivers have been updated.

I've got a number of EMU products [amongst others] - Will they ever release anything again - Creative are a big company, maybe EMU are not so big [I don't know] but there are quite a lot of people to buy their products and they have a fan base for the want of a better way of putting it -

Just post here to show there is some level of activity and the forum isn't like a ghost town !!!
    Hi fraz,

E-MU is now selling wooden headphones instead of audio devices. The contact for E-MU is now on emu.com instead of creative.com.
    Om Vajrapani Hum,
    HT-CL

http://www1.wfp.org/

Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by HT-CL View Post
    Hi fraz,

E-MU is now selling wooden headphones instead of audio devices. The contact for E-MU is now on emu.com instead of creative.com.
    Yes I've seen these on the website. Are you a Creative employee? - Or a volunteering enthusiast?

Do you see a day in the future when there will be a next generation EMU series of PCI-e cards? - And or thunderbolt which happens to go into PCI-e slot anyway

Penny for your thoughts.

Years ago I got Emulator X3 half price and Proteus X2 with pretty much every sample expansion available

Apparently someone got EMU X3 working on Windows 10 x64 - Maybe not with EMU card I'm not sure.

I've got 2 x 2X2 EMU MIDI interfaces

A bit late in the day I've sourced an EMU 1820M PCI which I will use on 32 bit alongside Sonic Core Xite-1!!! - From what I can gather it won't work with x64 too well for the WDM driver.

Other people have used the PCI-e drivers for EMU 1616M on 1820M and had good results apparently - It's good to see the forum is still here!

Quote Originally Posted by fraz View Post
    Yes I've seen these on the website. Are you a Creative employee? - Or a volunteering enthusiast?

Do you see a day in the future when there will be a next generation EMU series of PCI-e cards? - And or thunderbolt which happens to go into PCI-e slot anyway

Penny for your thoughts.

Years ago I got Emulator X3 half price and Proteus X2 with pretty much every sample expansion available

Apparently someone got EMU X3 working on Windows 10 x64 - Maybe not with EMU card I'm not sure.

I've got 2 x 2X2 EMU MIDI interfaces

A bit late in the day I've sourced an EMU 1820M PCI which I will use on 32 bit alongside Sonic Core Xite-1!!! - From what I can gather it won't work with x64 too well for the WDM driver.

Other people have used the PCI-e drivers for EMU 1616M on 1820M and had good results apparently - It's good to see the forum is still here!
    Hi fraz,

I am a Creative employee. But I am only a forums moderator here.
    Om Vajrapani Hum,
    HT-CL

http://www1.wfp.org/