Thread: Muvo 2: Problems after firmware upgrade

Visitor

Muvo 2: Problems after firmware upgrade

Hello.

I just bought 2xMuvo 2 for using in paired stereo mode. Both has the same model and was bought together. These speakers worked well in this mode and it sounds amazing! But then I decided to try Sound Blaster Connect app from play market. This app requires the latest firmware, so I decided to upgrade to v7.07 from the creative support site.

The first speaker was upgraded successfully. But when I try to upgrade the second from v5.23 I received the error Firmware upgrading failed!. Sometimes I see windows message The program "Command for Production Application" does not work before the first error. Also, before the first error there are two windows sounds which inform that device is disconnected. Sometimes there is a short crackling sound from Muvo 2 between these two windows notification sounds.

I don't care too much about firmware version and Sound Blaster Connect, but now the speakers can't work together in paired stereo mode. I think Muvo 2 can't work with another Muvo 2 with different firmware version. That's the main feature why I choose these speakers instead of some other and I have another speakers which can play in single mode. So, the pairing mode is very important for me. Other features work well now on both Muvo 2.

What did I try:
    - Upgrade on different PC, both with Windows 10 x64
    - Master reset of the speakers
    - Try to upgrade through Sound Blaster Muvo Control panel (it says you have the latest firmware version).

If it's hard to find a reason why the second speaker can't be upgraded, maybe it's possible to downgrade firmware of the first speaker? The summer season in our region is coming to an end, so it would be nice to solve this problem ASAP.

Thank you in advance.
    Alexey
    Last edited by megahertz; 07-23-2017 at 02:26 AM.

Re: Muvo 2: Problems after firmware upgrade

Quote Originally Posted by megahertz View Post
    Hello.

I just bought 2xMuvo 2 for using in paired stereo mode. Both has the same model and was bought together. These speakers worked well in this mode and it sounds amazing! But then I decided to try Sound Blaster Connect app from play market. This app requires the latest firmware, so I decided to upgrade to v7.07 from the creative support site.

The first speaker was upgraded successfully. But when I try to upgrade the second from v5.23 I received the error Firmware upgrading failed!. Sometimes I see windows message The program "Command for Production Application" does not work before the first error. Also, before the first error there are two windows sounds which inform that device is disconnected. Sometimes there is a short crackling sound from Muvo 2 between these two windows notification sounds.

I don't care too much about firmware version and Sound Blaster Connect, but now the speakers can't work together in paired stereo mode. I think Muvo 2 can't work with another Muvo 2 with different firmware version. That's the main feature why I choose these speakers instead of some other and I have another speakers which can play in single mode. So, the pairing mode is very important for me. Other features work well now on both Muvo 2.

What did I try:
    - Upgrade on different PC, both with Windows 10 x64
    - Master reset of the speakers
    - Try to upgrade through Sound Blaster Muvo Control panel (it says you have the latest firmware version).

If it's hard to find a reason why the second speaker can't be upgraded, maybe it's possible to downgrade firmware of the first speaker? The summer season in our region is coming to an end, so it would be nice to solve this problem ASAP.

Thank you in advance.
    Alexey
    Hi Alexey,

You may want to get the Creative MUVO 2 that failed with the firmware update replaced with the seller you bought it from. Then you update the firmware by using a Windows computer but do not connect the Creative MUVO 2 to a USB hub or a USB 3.0 port before updating the firmware.
    Cheers,
    HT-CL

http://www1.wfp.org/

Visitor

Thank you, I'll contact the seller.

Visitor

Hello.

I've send muvo 2 which can't be upgraded back to seller and buy another one in another shop. But it has the same problem! I can't upgrade it. I used a netbook with fresh windows 10 x86 and USB 2.0. I didn't use this netbook with the previous device.

What was strange, first time, when the first device was successfully upgraded then I tried to upgrade the second on the same USB port right after the first.

So, I've spent a lot of my time and money but still have 2 devices which I can't use. What can I do? I'm not sure that buying another device will solve my problem.

Anyway, thank you for support.
    Last edited by megahertz; 08-04-2017 at 03:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by megahertz View Post
    Hello.

I've send muvo 2 which can't be upgraded back to seller and buy another one in another shop. But it has the same problem! I can't upgrade it. I used a netbook with fresh windows 10 x86 and USB 2.0. I didn't use this netbook with the previous device.

What was strange, first time, when the first device was successfully upgraded then I tried to upgrade the second on the same USB port right after the first.

So, I've spent a lot of my time and money but still have 2 devices which I can't use. What can I do? I'm not sure that buying another device will solve my problem.

Anyway, thank you for support.
    Hi megahertz,

I have sent you a private message.
    Cheers,
    HT-CL

http://www1.wfp.org/