Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: Sound BlasterX AE-5 and Sound Blaster Connect 2 Headphone Gain Settings not saving

  1. #1

    Sound BlasterX AE-5 and Sound Blaster Connect 2 Headphone Gain Settings not saving

    The Headphone Gain setting in Connect 2 is not saving on system reboots. i have to go into the software each time and set it back from 16 to 150 ohm's.

    not sure if this is something that i can fix, or if a update to the software needs to be preformed to enabled a save feature for this setting.

  2. #2
    Moderator HT-CL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    930

    Re: Sound BlasterX AE-5 and Sound Blaster Connect 2 Headphone Gain Settings not saving

    Quote Originally Posted by Siphen View Post
    The Headphone Gain setting in Connect 2 is not saving on system reboots. i have to go into the software each time and set it back from 16 to 150 ohm's.

    not sure if this is something that i can fix, or if a update to the software needs to be preformed to enabled a save feature for this setting.
    Hi Siphen,

    You can feedback the behavior of the Sound Blaster Connect 2 software by contacting Creative support here.
    Last edited by HT-CL; 08-21-2017 at 05:30 PM.
    Cheers,
    HT-CL

    http://www1.wfp.org/

  3. #3
    Visitor
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    1

    Re: Sound BlasterX AE-5 and Sound Blaster Connect 2 Headphone Gain Settings not saving

    Hello, this is probably not a bug.

    The headphone gain setting is resetting on reboot for safety measure. This is due to the fact that some users own more than one headphone that they swap between. If you connect a low impedance headphone with high gain setting they may break. I read this on a different forum as a reply from Creative support regarding this question.

  4. #4

    Re: Sound BlasterX AE-5 and Sound Blaster Connect 2 Headphone Gain Settings not saving

    the ability to save the gain setting on reboot was an option you could enable on the ZxR software, which is what i upgraded from. i submitted a feedback case for support requesting the option be added, as well as requested any possible work around in the time being that might force a gain option on reboots, such as a registry change or some other possible work around.

  5. #5
    Moderator HT-CL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    930

    Re: Sound BlasterX AE-5 and Sound Blaster Connect 2 Headphone Gain Settings not saving

    Quote Originally Posted by Ulf Goran View Post
    Hello, this is probably not a bug.

    The headphone gain setting is resetting on reboot for safety measure. This is due to the fact that some users own more than one headphone that they swap between. If you connect a low impedance headphone with high gain setting they may break. I read this on a different forum as a reply from Creative support regarding this question.
    Hi Ulf,

    Thank you for the information.
    Cheers,
    HT-CL

    http://www1.wfp.org/

  6. #6
    Moderator HT-CL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    930

    Re: Sound BlasterX AE-5 and Sound Blaster Connect 2 Headphone Gain Settings not saving

    Quote Originally Posted by Siphen View Post
    the ability to save the gain setting on reboot was an option you could enable on the ZxR software, which is what i upgraded from. i submitted a feedback case for support requesting the option be added, as well as requested any possible work around in the time being that might force a gain option on reboots, such as a registry change or some other possible work around.
    Hi Siphen,

    A new version of the Sound Blaster Connect 2 for the Sound BlasterX AE-5 is now available.

    It has a function to save the headphones gain setting.
    Last edited by HT-CL; 08-25-2017 at 05:06 PM.
    Cheers,
    HT-CL

    http://www1.wfp.org/

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •