Thread: Recon3D PCIe, Windows 10 14393, X99 - Can't install drivers.

Recon3D PCIe, Windows 10 14393, X99 - Can't install drivers.

Hey all, as the subject reads I have a Recon3D PCIe and can not get the card working on my X99 based system... again.

Before I get into that, this Recon3D works perfectly fine in my old Core 2 Q9550 on a P43 board (running the same build of Windows 10). After fiddling with it on my Asus X99-A system I did manage to get it working, for a while at least. But the thing is, I didn't really do anything to get it working. Let me explain. I had the card installed, device manager would see SB Recon3D PCIe Audio Controller, but the drivers would say "Setup is unable to detect a supported product on your system" and exit. I left the card in the machine for a few days and after a few reboots it just worked. I didn't do anything, but I tried installing the drivers and they took. Fast forward a few weeks until Vega came out. I managed to get one and once I installed it, sure enough the Recon3D no longer works.

I have gotten errors at start up saying windows detected the audio enhancements for this devices are causing issues, do you wish to disable? I tried reinstalling the drivers and it froze trying to do so. No I am sorta back to where I was with the Recon3D not being found. If I manually find the drivers for the card. Then uninstall the device and delete the drivers from device manager. After a reboot the installer will find the card and appear to install properly. However, upon restarting, the Recon3D is nowhere to be found in output options, but is still clearly listed on Device Manager as Recon3D PCIe. Recon3D Control Panel is installed, but can not find the device either. After doing this process a few times I did get a windows security error at some point, but I forgot to write it down. It hasnt happened since. Also under SC Recon3D PCIe Audio Controller Properties, under Events, it says "Device not migrated", Device Configured, Device Started, Driver Service added, Driver Service added, and Device installed. The not migrated thing may be an issue here too.

As it stands, I get can the Recon3D working in two channels with no drivers installed (just let windows do its thing with it). So I figure there is no hardware issue really. But once I install the latest drivers from this site, nothing. Though I once did have them working... this is incredibly frustrating.

TIA for any insight on this.
    Last edited by DeathCom; 08-30-2017 at 03:35 AM. Reason: Additional information.

Re: Recon3D PCIe, Windows 10 14393, X99 - Can't install drivers.

Quote Originally Posted by DeathCom View Post
    Hey all, as the subject reads I have a Recon3D PCIe and can not get the card working on my X99 based system... again.

Before I get into that, this Recon3D works perfectly fine in my old Core 2 Q9550 on a P43 board (running the same build of Windows 10). After fiddling with it on my Asus X99-A system I did manage to get it working, for a while at least. But the thing is, I didn't really do anything to get it working. Let me explain. I had the card installed, device manager would see SB Recon3D PCIe Audio Controller, but the drivers would say "Setup is unable to detect a supported product on your system" and exit. I left the card in the machine for a few days and after a few reboots it just worked. I didn't do anything, but I tried installing the drivers and they took. Fast forward a few weeks until Vega came out. I managed to get one and once I installed it, sure enough the Recon3D no longer works.

I have gotten errors at start up saying windows detected the audio enhancements for this devices are causing issues, do you wish to disable? I tried reinstalling the drivers and it froze trying to do so. No I am sorta back to where I was with the Recon3D not being found. If I manually find the drivers for the card. Then uninstall the device and delete the drivers from device manager. After a reboot the installer will find the card and appear to install properly. However, upon restarting, the Recon3D is nowhere to be found in output options, but is still clearly listed on Device Manager as Recon3D PCIe. Recon3D Control Panel is installed, but can not find the device either. After doing this process a few times I did get a windows security error at some point, but I forgot to write it down. It hasnt happened since. Also under SC Recon3D PCIe Audio Controller Properties, under Events, it says "Device not migrated", Device Configured, Device Started, Driver Service added, Driver Service added, and Device installed. The not migrated thing may be an issue here too.

As it stands, I get can the Recon3D working in two channels with no drivers installed (just let windows do its thing with it). So I figure there is no hardware issue really. But once I install the latest drivers from this site, nothing. Though I once did have them working... this is incredibly frustrating.

TIA for any insight on this.
    Hi DeathCom,

You may want to try to go to BIOS and set your computer to boot in "Legacy Boot" instead of "UEFI Boot". If it does not help, you can try to disable "Fast Boot" in BIOS.
    Last edited by HT-CL; 08-30-2017 at 03:46 PM.
    Om Vajrapani Hum,
    HT-CL

http://www1.wfp.org/

Switching fast boot off seems to have made it so the drivers can find it and it installs. But it still doesn't work. When windows boots, I will hear a few pops as the device is initialized, but then nothing. When I do a speaker check, there are visuals but no sound. Sometimes the speaker check gets stuck on the left channel and does not perform additional checks.

The other thing I notice is when I install the drivers, I get two devices under Sound video etc.

I get SB Recon3D PCIe, and SB Recon3D PCIe Audio Controller. When there are no drivers its just an HD audio device and works in 2 channel. Furthermore under events for the SB Recon3D PCIe Audio Controller I notice this:
    Device PCI\VEN_1102&DEV_0012&SUBSYS_00131102&REV_01\4&55f c86e&0&00E7 could not be migrated.

Last Device Instance Id: PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_AAA0&SUBSYS_AAA01458&REV_00\4&2A4 3D483&0&0110
    Class Guid: {4D36E97D-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}
    Location Path:
    Migration Rank: 0xF000FFFFFC00F122
    Present: false

Last edited by DeathCom; 09-13-2017 at 07:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by DeathCom View Post
    Switching fast boot off seems to have made it so the drivers can find it and it installs. But it still doesn't work. When windows boots, I will hear a few pops as the device is initialized, but then nothing. When I do a speaker check, there are visuals but no sound. Sometimes the speaker check gets stuck on the left channel and does not perform additional checks.

The other thing I notice is when I install the drivers, I get two devices under Sound video etc.

I get SB Recon3D PCIe, and SB Recon3D PCIe Audio Controller. When there are no drivers its just an HD audio device and works in 2 channel. Furthermore under events for the SB Recon3D PCIe Audio Controller I notice this:
    Device PCI\VEN_1102&DEV_0012&SUBSYS_00131102&REV_01\4&55f c86e&0&00E7 could not be migrated.

Last Device Instance Id: PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_AAA0&SUBSYS_AAA01458&REV_00\4&2A4 3D483&0&0110
    Class Guid: {4D36E97D-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}
    Location Path:
    Migration Rank: 0xF000FFFFFC00F122
    Present: false

Hi DeathCom,

Have you tried to boot in Legacy Boot?

You may want to try to install the Sound Blaster Recon3D PCIe on another PCI Express slot you can try a x16 slot if there is no other x1 slot just to try it out.
    Om Vajrapani Hum,
    HT-CL

http://www1.wfp.org/