Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: is it me or is the AE-5 a downgrade from the X-FI Titanium fatality champion series

Regular Contributor

is it me or is the AE-5 a downgrade from the X-FI Titanium fatality champion series

i own the Xi-Fi titanium fatality champion series since it first came out up till now when i got the AE-5 in a week ago and it seems like the way the software or the card i don't know which is it the way it handles the bass is worse than the titanium card seems top heavy where i would prefer the base to be bottom heavy

and sound also seems muddled more than the titanium too

and less software options

i only got this card cause i was forced to use daniel_k's drivers and even with his updated drivers some options just didn't work anymore in windows 10 (some broke in win 7 too) with the Xi-Fi titanium fatality champion series card

and i didn't like how the ZxR came with a secondary card when they shoulda just built it into a front panel IO bay like the titanium had
    Last edited by Daniel; 09-03-2017 at 01:39 PM.

Re: is it me or is the AE-5 a downgrade from the X-FI Titanium fatality champion series

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel View Post
    i own the Xi-Fi titanium fatality champion series since it first came out up till now when i got the AE-5 in a week ago and it seems like the way the software or the card i don't know which is it the way it handles the bass is worse than the titanium card seems top heavy where i would prefer the base to be bottom heavy

and sound also seems muddled more than the titanium too

and less software options

i only got this card cause i was forced to use daniel_k's drivers and even with his updated drivers some options just didn't work anymore in windows 10 (some broke in win 7 too) with the Xi-Fi titanium fatality champion series card

and i didn't like how the ZxR came with a secondary card when they shoulda just built it into a front panel IO bay like the titanium had
    Hi Daniel,

You can disable the Bass option in the BlasterX Acoustic Engine to reduce the bass of the sound card.

You can use the equalizer to adjust the bass and treble on the Sound BlasterX AE-5 instead to see if it helps.
    Om Vajrapani Hum,
    HT-CL

http://www1.wfp.org/

Regular Contributor

Re: is it me or is the AE-5 a downgrade from the X-FI Titanium fatality champion series

that.. doesn't help much and doesn't answer my main question either

and the bass thing doesn't work like how bass redirection normally does at least in the old cards software, and there is no speaker orientation under calibration either, also no option to choose the center channel speaker being on top or bottom of the monitor
    Last edited by Daniel; 09-04-2017 at 12:34 PM.

that.. doesn't help much and doesn't answer my main question either

and the bass thing doesn't work like how bass redirection normally does at least in the old cards software, and there is no speaker orientation under calibration either, also no option to choose the center channel speaker being on top or bottom of the monitor
    Hi Daniel,

I assumed that you were using stereo speakers. Since you mentioned Bass Redirection, you may be using 5.1 channel speakers.

You can enable Bass Redirection by selecting "Custom" under "Select Speaker Type".
    Om Vajrapani Hum,
    HT-CL

Regular Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by HT-CL View Post
    Hi Daniel,

I assumed that you were using stereo speakers. Since you mentioned Bass Redirection, you may be using 5.1 channel speakers.

You can enable Bass Redirection by selecting "Custom" under "Select Speaker Type".
    ya that gets rid of the base almost entirely as i said its not working how it normally would like with the old software.

but yes i have a 5.1 surround system Logitech z906

ya that gets rid of the base almost entirely as i said its not working how it normally would like with the old software.

but yes i have a 5.1 surround system Logitech z906
    Hi Daniel,

You may want to adjust the crossover frequency to 80Hz to see if it helps.
    Om Vajrapani Hum,
    HT-CL

Regular Contributor

its at that by default

its at that by default
    Hi Daniel,

Have you tried to increase the gain of the subwoofer by adjusting the level under "Calibration"?
    Om Vajrapani Hum,
    HT-CL

Regular Contributor

ya doesn't help much, anyway unrelated question the 3 speaker modes desktop, bookshelf, tower, switching between the 3 seems no make no change at all atleast that i can hear anyway, what do they do?

ya doesn't help much, anyway unrelated question the 3 speaker modes desktop, bookshelf, tower, switching between the 3 seems no make no change at all atleast that i can hear anyway, what do they do?
    Hi Daniel,

There is a new driver for the Sound BlasterX AE-5 released on 4 September 2017.

As for the bass on the lower end, you may want to try to boost the lower frequencies of the bass using the equalizer for the frequencies below 62Hz.
    Last edited by HT-CL; 09-05-2017 at 11:30 AM.
    Om Vajrapani Hum,
    HT-CL