Thread: SB Zx Constant CPU Utilization Win 10 Spring Creators Update

SB Zx Constant CPU Utilization Win 10 Spring Creators Update

Hello Everyone,

I'm hoping someone on here might be able to help me with a problem I'm having. I'm currently running Windows 10 Version 1703, Spring Creators Update. Ever since the upgrade, if I use my Sound Blaster for anything, one of the cores in my CPU shoots up to about 40-50% utilization and stays there, even if I switch to another audio source. The only way I can kill the usage is by switching away and then force closing something called windows audio device graph isolation in the task manager.

I've contacted creative directly though they've just bounced me around and never really gave me an answer. I've tried the latest drivers and my system is fully up-to-date in all software aspects. I do not have issues with any other hardware and this only started with the move to the latest version of Windows 10. Any help or thoughts on this is greatly appreciated. My hardware is listed below.

Hardware
    i7-2600k @ 4.4 Ghz
    Asrock Z-68 Extreme 4 Gen 3
    16 GB Corsair Dominator 2133Mhz
    MSI GTX 1070 FE
    Sound Blaster Zx
    500GB Evo 850
    2 Storage Hard Drives

Re: SB Zx Constant CPU Utilization Win 10 Spring Creators Update

Mine's even worse. I have a 3570k @ 4.3, and I get 20% CPU (not core) usage!

Trusted Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by mustangman801 View Post
    Hello Everyone,

I'm hoping someone on here might be able to help me with a problem I'm having. I'm currently running Windows 10 Version 1703, Spring Creators Update. Ever since the upgrade, if I use my Sound Blaster for anything, one of the cores in my CPU shoots up to about 40-50% utilization and stays there, even if I switch to another audio source. The only way I can kill the usage is by switching away and then force closing something called windows audio device graph isolation in the task manager.

I've contacted creative directly though they've just bounced me around and never really gave me an answer. I've tried the latest drivers and my system is fully up-to-date in all software aspects. I do not have issues with any other hardware and this only started with the move to the latest version of Windows 10. Any help or thoughts on this is greatly appreciated. My hardware is listed below.

Hardware
    i7-2600k @ 4.4 Ghz
    Asrock Z-68 Extreme 4 Gen 3
    16 GB Corsair Dominator 2133Mhz
    MSI GTX 1070 FE
    Sound Blaster Zx
    500GB Evo 850
    2 Storage Hard Drives
    Hi mustangman801,

Did you enable "Spatial sound" under Windows Sound? Maybe disabling it will help.
    Om Mani Padme Hum
    http://www.unhcr.org

Quote Originally Posted by dinopkk View Post
    Hi mustangman801,

Did you enable "Spatial sound" under Windows Sound? Maybe disabling it will help.
    No, I don't have any enhancements enabled. I've have already disabled everything. Nothing seems to stop the wasted cpu cycling.