Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: X-Fi Titanium, Audio Device Graph Isolation

Re: X-Fi Titanium, Audio Device Graph Isolation

... Okay, went back to W10 because W7 has trouble with running 3 monitors (don't ask.)

Back to high usage on audio device graph isolation ... Grrr.

ONE THING I NOTICED:

When I was on W7, I had 7% usage while gaming.
    When I went to W10, before I installed the drivers (and used whatever windows 10 picked up automatically), I was at 7% usage.

When I installed the drivers I needed for console launcher to work, the usage shot up again.

Trusted Contributor

That is really strange, it should use 0% or close to 0% when no driver is installed... Is it using the generic HD audio driver from Microsoft, or a generic from creative? Try to force the one from Microsoft.
    Can you check your onboard to be sure the sound card is the culprit?

Quote Originally Posted by lagonauta View Post
    That is really strange, it should use 0% or close to 0% when no driver is installed... Is it using the generic HD audio driver from Microsoft, or a generic from creative? Try to force the one from Microsoft.
    Can you check your onboard to be sure the sound card is the culprit?
    I think it was a generic creative driver, I believe it gave me options that generic HD wouldn't.

When the creative driver is installed, even if I'm not using the creative card for playback (I was using video card -> monitor, and I had my creative outputs DISABLED), I get high usage.

But again, if the creative drivers aren't installed - I get 0% usage.

I don't get anything from onboard - it's not even a listed device / it's not installed. In fact, it doesn't appear to work with W10 at all.
    Last edited by jrbrown1991; 09-14-2017 at 12:41 AM.

Trusted Contributor

Can you test with OpenAL? It won't fix the problem, but may help while it is not found.
    Here is a small music player with OpenAL support that I use: https://github.com/LAGonauta/OALMPla...s/tag/v0.9.5.0

Also, do you use Cortana or any echo cancellation? You can try to disable them if you do not use them.

You sent me a 7z link...

Cortana can die. No, I don't use it.
    No echo cancellation or any other effects on my mic.

Super Contributor squall_leonhart's Avatar

something is clearly listening for voice input.

Quote Originally Posted by squall_leonhart View Post
    something is clearly listening for voice input.

I'm curious how you came to that conclusion, but please tell me how to stop it!

Trusted Contributor

You can decompress the file with 7-Zip, http://7-zip.org/
    But I admit using that player won't fix your problems when playing games. Did you try completely disabling all input (mic/line-in) from Windows mixer? Is Dolby Digital Live or DTS Connect enabled?

If you are desperate you can do what I used to do to completely remove the CPU usage, enable your on-board sound card in the BIOS and add an optical cable from the on-board to the X-Fi. Open Windows mixer, set the on-board SPDIF output as default device, enter your X-Fi configuration panel (not the console launcher, the one inside Windows mixer), open the "Levels" tab and unmute "Digital-in".

Sound will playback from your X-Fi with no latency and all effects will be applied (reverb, equalizer, SVM, CMSS, crystalizer) as they are hardware-based. But sadly it will be stereo only, with optional upmixing with CMSS...

Luckily I do not have to do that anymore as I use a Titanium HD, and when I want to use surround I just use ASIORecAndPlay to route the surround to my onboard sound card (which I still use for its mic-noise reduction technology similar to CrystalVoice from the SBZ series).

EDIT:

By the way, are you using Daniel_K's support pack?
    Last edited by lagonauta; 09-15-2017 at 09:50 PM.

No support pack. No digital, I don't even have DDL / DTS installed. I use 4.1, so stereo is useless to me.

No onboard audio to use. I tried disabling every recording device in windows sound panel, and I still get high usage.

Trusted Contributor

Try to uninstall everything Creative related and then install the support pack from here:
    http://forums.creative.com/showthread.php?t=741929

Maybe you get lucky and everything works as it should. Windows 10 might try to install a newer driver afterwards, if it does that just go to the device manager, open the X-Fi and click on "Revert driver"