Thread: Windows 10 drivers for x-fi xtreme audio

Windows 10 drivers for x-fi xtreme audio

Hi,

I recently upgraded to Windows 10 (x64) and plugged in my SB X-Fi Xtreme Audio soundcard (model SB0790) in my new motherboard. It seems that the drivers for the soundcard were automatically installed by Windows. Do I still need to download & install the ones from Creative's website? The audio driver that Windows installed is version "10.0.15063.502".

Thanks for your help

Trusted Contributor

Re: Windows 10 drivers for x-fi xtreme audio

Quote Originally Posted by Sibilant Sound View Post
    Hi,

I recently upgraded to Windows 10 (x64) and plugged in my SB X-Fi Xtreme Audio soundcard (model SB0790) in my new motherboard. It seems that the drivers for the soundcard were automatically installed by Windows. Do I still need to download & install the ones from Creative's website? The audio driver that Windows installed is version "10.0.15063.502".

Thanks for your help
    Hi there,

If you are able to enable the X-Fi audio effects and adjust the X-Fi audio effects, you should be fine using your current driver.
    Om Mani Padme Hum
    http://www.unhcr.org

Super Contributor squall_leonhart's Avatar

Hi,

Thanks for your help
    That is the intel compatible HD driver, it is not the vendor specific CTAud driver.

Quote Originally Posted by dinopkk View Post
    Hi there,

If you are able to enable the X-Fi audio effects and adjust the X-Fi audio effects, you should be fine using your current driver.
    Everything's there, the audio controler SB X-Fi Xtreme Audio (version 5.12.1.2018), the Creative settings panel where I can enable/disable the audio effects and the drivers for the line-in, speakers, microphone etc.

Quote Originally Posted by squall_leonhart View Post
    That is the intel compatible HD driver, it is not the vendor specific CTAud driver.
    I will try to install the Creative driver but I'm not sure how because each time I reboot the computer Windows automatically reinstalls those drivers. Maybe uninstalling and reinstalling without rebooting inbetween...

I will try to install the Creative driver but I'm not sure how because each time I reboot the computer Windows automatically reinstalls those drivers. Maybe uninstalling and reinstalling without rebooting inbetween...
    Download update.
    Unplug NIC cable from PC.

... You can see what to do from here.

Quote Originally Posted by jrbrown1991 View Post
    Download update.
    Unplug NIC cable from PC.

... You can see what to do from here.
    I tried that, unplugging the NIC cable, uninstalling, rebooting and installing the drivers but the result is the same. Here's what I have when I right-click on speakers: https://ptpimg.me/orzl7c.jpg
    (sorry, my OS is in French so: speakers = haut-parleur; driver = pilote)

The Creative SB properties are in the list of installed apps: https://ptpimg.me/8a295s.jpg

I downloaded the drivers from here: http://support.creative.com/download...rType=1#type_1
    The desciption doesn't list the content though, it simply says: "This suite of driver and application has been updated and combined for your convenience. It installs Creative Audio Console to control your audio device's settings. This software includes support for Windows 10 (32-bit and 64-bit)." Are the drivers really included? Inside the exe file I see a "drivers" folder and in it a "vista" folder. Nothing about Win10, x64 etc.
    Last edited by Sibilant Sound; 09-13-2017 at 11:20 PM.

Trusted Contributor

Did you try the "Revert Driver" function from Windows?

Quote Originally Posted by lagonauta View Post
    Did you try the "Revert Driver" function from Windows?
    It is not available. I guess this is the driver that was installed with the Creative .exe file, I don't see any other explanation.