Thread: SB ROAR SR20A not powering up

SB ROAR SR20A not powering up

Hi,

After searching through this forum and also Google, realized that I'm not the only one facing this issue but I have not seen any solution provided and hence I've decided to post it here hoping to find some assistance.

Bought this product more than a year ago. Suddenly realized that I am not able to power up by using the battery. The only way to power this up was to plug in the power adapter while pressing the power button. There is no other way to turn in on.

Please advise what options I have to get this fixed.

Thanks.

Regards.

Re: SB ROAR SR20A not powering up

Quote Originally Posted by wbtan80 View Post
    Hi,

After searching through this forum and also Google, realized that I'm not the only one facing this issue but I have not seen any solution provided and hence I've decided to post it here hoping to find some assistance.

Bought this product more than a year ago. Suddenly realized that I am not able to power up by using the battery. The only way to power this up was to plug in the power adapter while pressing the power button. There is no other way to turn in on.

Please advise what options I have to get this fixed.

Thanks.

Regards.
    Hi wbtan80,

You can try to perform a hardware reset on the Sound Blaster Roar by holding the power button for 10 seconds after powering it on.

Ensure that the battery of the Sound Blaster Roar is charged.

There is a possibility that the battery is not working properly.
    Cheers,
    HT-CL

http://www1.wfp.org/

Tried that and it's not working. It's still not powering up. You may be right, it may be the battery not taking the charge/not working properly. In this case, please advise on alternative solution. Thanks.

Tried that and it's not working. It's still not powering up. You may be right, it may be the battery not taking the charge/not working properly. In this case, please advise on alternative solution. Thanks.
    Hi wbtan80,

You may want to do a master reset of the speaker. It is used to clear the memory on the speaker for connected Bluetooth devices.

1. Ensure that the Sound Blaster Roar is not connected to any Bluetooth device.

2. When the speaker is on, press and hold the Multifunction button until the white LED blinks rapidly. Then press and hold the Multifunction and volume down buttons at the same time until a voice prompt is heard saying "master reset completed".
    Last edited by HT-CL; 10-06-2017 at 11:09 AM.
    Cheers,
    HT-CL

Hi, thanks for providing the steps. I tried to master reset it (after hearing the device saying "master reset completed"). Unfortunately, it's still not working. Please advise further action.

Thanks.

Hi, thanks for providing the steps. I tried to master reset it (after hearing the device saying "master reset completed"). Unfortunately, it's still not working. Please advise further action.

Thanks.
    Hi wbtan80,

The battery of the speaker is most likely faulty. If your speaker is still under warranty you can get it replaced.

The usual warranty for the Sound Blaster Roar in Singapore is 1 year.
    Last edited by HT-CL; 10-12-2017 at 04:27 PM.
    Cheers,
    HT-CL

Hi, I believe the speaker is already out of warranty as I bought it more than a year ago.

Can you advise what is the cost of replacing the battery in Singapore please?

Hi, I believe the speaker is already out of warranty as I bought it more than a year ago.

Can you advise what is the cost of replacing the battery in Singapore please?
    Hi wbtan80,

The cost to replace the battery of the Sound Blaster Roar is S$80.
    Cheers,
    HT-CL

Quote Originally Posted by HT-CL View Post
    Hi wbtan80,

The cost to replace the battery of the Sound Blaster Roar is S$80.
    Ok. Thank you. Last but not least, where can I send it to for the battery replacement?

Ok. Thank you. Last but not least, where can I send it to for the battery replacement?
    Hi wbtan80,

You can bring your Sound Blaster Roar to:

Customer Care Centre
    Creative Labs Pte Ltd

31 International Business Park
    #04-11, Lobby B, Creative Resource
    Singapore 609921
    Mondays to Fridays: 10:00 am to 6:00 pm
    Weekends & Public Holidays: Closed
    Cheers,
    HT-CL