Thread: Sound Blaster X-AE5 Max Quality 32-bit 96000 hz in WIndows 10?

Unhappy Sound Blaster X-AE5 Where is 32-bit 348khz sound option, only seeing 32-bit 96khz max in Windows 10?

I just installed my new Sound Blaster X-AE5 and in the control Panel windows 10 64-bit, I am only seeing 32-bit 96000hz as the maximum quality in sound options, see attached image.

Creative_SoundPanel.jpg

Why can't I see any higher quality and how do I get the 32-bit 348khz sound? I have a Creative X-Fi XtremeGamer and Windows 10 when I used it, I could select 32-bit 192000hz. Can anyone help?
    Last edited by DMax; 10-08-2017 at 05:18 AM.

Re: Sound Blaster X-AE5 Max Quality 32-bit 96000 hz in WIndows 10?

OK, just found that I had to select direct mode for the high quality settings, so never mind.

Visitor

Could you explain where to find this setting? I am looking for it also

Quote Originally Posted by DP View Post
    Could you explain where to find this setting? I am looking for it also
    Hi DP,

To allow the Sound BlasterX AE-5 to play at 32bit 384kHz, you will have to go to the "Setup" tab and select either "Direct" or "Direct HP".

Selecting "Direct" mode, makes the audio signals bypass the DSP and straight to the DAC. BlasterX Acoustic Engine audio effects will not be applied to the audio signals.

It is similar to "Stereo Direct" on the Sound Blaster Z. "Stereo Direct" has to be selected for the Sound Blaster Z to output audio at 24bit 192kHz.
    Cheers,
    HT-CL

http://www1.wfp.org/

Quote Originally Posted by HT-CL View Post
    Hi DP,

To allow the Sound BlasterX AE-5 to play at 32bit 384kHz, you will have to go to the "Setup" tab and select either "Direct" or "Direct HP".

Selecting "Direct" mode, makes the audio signals bypass the DSP and straight to the DAC. BlasterX Acoustic Engine audio effects will not be applied to the audio signals.

It is similar to "Stereo Direct" on the Sound Blaster Z. "Stereo Direct" has to be selected for the Sound Blaster Z to output audio at 24bit 192kHz.
    How to do it for SB ZxR ?