Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Windows 10 fall 2017 update and X-fi = complete disaster.

Contributor

Re: Windows 10 fall 2017 update and X-fi = complete disaster.

Quote Originally Posted by blacktears View Post
    I don`t think so. Creative makes no money with new drivers but if u buy new hardware...
    and @Kain they cared in the past, they care here and now and they will also take care of it at least in the near future. Creative has never been a shooting Gallery, or it is the matter of Customer satisfaction and not the question of short-term sold devices. And they are not alone, MS for example released this year an Anti-WannaCry-Patch for Windows XP.
    And in addition it still applies to me, there is no Creative product with which I can replace the X-Fi Elite Pro SB0550. @creative you should think about to recreate this card. Create a X-Fi MKII with CMSS 3D Stereo Surround and leave it to the customer whether they want to connect to the old console or buy a new one. Your x-Fi customer will love you and it would also be very sustainable and could be used in advertising
    Last edited by cebo; 10-30-2017 at 11:15 PM.

Super Contributor squall_leonhart's Avatar

Soundblaster Z is inferior to the XFI in nearly every way.

We now raise 3 options:

1: use Onboardsound
    2: buy another Card
    3: install Windows 10 1703 and block update to 1709 and have a working X-FI

Quote Originally Posted by DCR81 View Post
    Fast Startup in Windows is also on.

Cortana is off.

which mainboard do you use? maybe it is the same?
    Hi DCR81,

I searched for the manual of the mainboard GA-AX370-Gaming K7, there is an option "Windows 10 Features" -> "CSM Support" you may want to select "Enabled".

There is also an option "Other PCI Device ROM Priority", select "Legacy Only".

You can also try to go to "Pheriperals" -> "Trusted Computing 2.0" and disable "Trusted Platform Module" to see if it helps.
    Om Vajrapani Hum,
    HT-CL

http://www1.wfp.org/

Quote Originally Posted by HT-CL View Post
    Hi DCR81,

I searched for the manual of the mainboard GA-AX370-Gaming K7, there is an option "Windows 10 Features" -> "CSM Support" you may want to select "Enabled".

There is also an option "Other PCI Device ROM Priority", select "Legacy Only".

You can also try to go to "Pheriperals" -> "Trusted Computing 2.0" and disable "Trusted Platform Module" to see if it helps.
    Hello HT-CL,
    thanks for your tip, unfortunately it doesn't helped.
    If I try to install the driver, windows still crash to black screen or reboots.
    I tried every option separately and together.

Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by blacktears View Post
    We now raise 3 options:

1: use Onboardsound
    2: buy another Card
    3: install Windows 10 1703 and block update to 1709 and have a working X-FI
    4: wait for new creative drivers until death

Visitor

Just a heads up... I lost my start menu after the fall creator update, and there are two culprits, Creative and Comodo. If I uninstall Comodo Firewall, the creative drivers finished installing and the 'Task Host Device Reboot Request' message on shutdown and 'Windows Shell Experience' hangs disappear. Similarly, if you uninstall all Creative drivers and software and pull the card, you can put Comodo back in. I've tested this in fresh installs with my X-Fi Titanium and a spare Audigy Rx (which is still on the market), exactly the same result.

Unfortunately, I need Comodo FW, so now I'm back to Realtek onboard. Since this has only happend in 1709, and neither Comodo or Creative drivers have updated orchanged, it's techically a Microsoft fault. Some handler somewhere is borked.

Hi i need some help. I am also suffering this bug. When installing a fresh / new installation from my usb thumb drive of the Windows 10 Fall Creators Update 1709 i get some weird black screen crash and system becomes unresponsive after installing the latest drivers from the creative website or Daniel K package for my Creative X-Fi Titanium pci-express sound card. After installation of the fresh OS i noticed it detects my X-Fi Titanium as a high definition audio device under device manager sound and not as an X-Fi sound card as previously on Windows 10 Creators Update 1703.

With Windows 10 Creators Update 1703 everything runs perfectly without a single problem with my Creative X-Fi Titanium , the problem started with the Windows 10 Fall Creators Update 1709 , so the culprit of the problems is the Creative drivers and W10 Fall CU 1709 , as something has change in the way it detects audio devices and the drivers.

I have wrote to microsoft support for help and on the feedback hub from within windows but without luck so far :/ , this is frustrating as everything was working so good and great before the Windows 10 Fall Creators Update 1709. I have search the whole web for a week for a fix but i have not been unable to find one. As some other people who have posted here on this thread i also am running an AMD AM4 x370 / Ryzen set up.

If someone has found a fix for this huge problem please reply to me if possible so that i can use my Creative X-Fi soundcard again ( I'm Using Realtek Onboard sound and it is horrible , me do not like it ). Please help.

Hardware Configuration:
    --------------------------
    Asus Crosshair VI Hero x370 / AMD Ryzen 1700x / G.Skill 2x8GB DDR4 3200Mhz Cas 14 / Nvidia GTX 1080Ti / Crucial MX300 1TB SSD + WD Green 2TB HD / eVGA Supernova G3 1300w psu / and of course Creative X-Fi Titanium pci-express sound card.

Here is a link for this same problem reported at Microsoft support:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...c-6bcf7ada849a

Kind Regards: Chispy
    Last edited by chispy1; 11-15-2017 at 01:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by chispy1 View Post
    Hi i need some help. I am also suffering this bug. When installing a fresh / new installation form my usb thumb drive of the Windows 10 Fall Creators Update 1709 i get some weird black screen crash and system becomes unresponsive after installing the latest drivers from the creative website or Daniel K package for my Creative X-Fi Titanium pci-express sound card. After installation of the fresh OS i noticed it detects my X-Fi Titanium as a high definition audio device under device manager sound and not as an X-Fi sound card as previously on Windows 10 Creators Update 1703.

With Windows 10 Creators Update 1703 everything runs perfectly without a single problem with my Creative X-Fi Titanium , the problem started with the Windows 10 Fall Creators Update 1709 , so the culprit of the problems is the Creative drivers and W10 Fall CU 1709 , as something has change in the way it detects audio devices and the drivers.

I have wrote to microsoft support for help and on the feedback hub from within windows but without luck so far :/ , this is frustrating as everything was working so good and great before the Windows 10 Fall Creators Update 1709. I have search the whole web for a week for a fix but i have not been unable to find one. As some other people who have posted here on this thread i also am running an AMD AM4 x370 / Ryzen set up.

If someone has found a fix for this huge problem please reply to me if possible so that i can use my Creative X-Fi soundcard again ( I'm Using Realtek Onboard sound and it is horrible , me do not like it ). Please help.

Hardware Configuration:
    --------------------------
    Asus Crosshair VI Hero x370 / AMD Ryzen 1700x / G.Skill 2x8GB DDR4 3200Mhz Cas 14 / Nvidia GTX 1080Ti / Crucial MX300 1TB SSD + WD Green 2TB HD / eVGA Supernova G3 1300w psu / and of course Creative X-Fi Titanium pci-express sound card.

Here is a link for this same problem reported at Microsoft support:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...c-6bcf7ada849a

Kind Regards: Chispy

I have almost same config.(C6H+r7 1700).I also asked microsoft as you.And They suggested to install to old version win 10(1607 for example). Unfortunately, i have to use onboard sound card.

Quote Originally Posted by okanb View Post
    I have almost same config.(C6H+r7 1700).I also asked microsoft as you.And They suggested to install to old version win 10(1607 for example). Unfortunately, i have to use onboard sound card.
    Oh God ! really , that's what microsoft suggested to you to use an old outdated Windows 10 version 1607 , this is so sad to hear. I hope this get fix soon as i really need my Creative - X-Fi sound card working on my fresh installation of Windows 10 Fall Creators Update 1709. Let's keep reporting this huge bug , the more reports to Creative and microsoft the better as someone eventually will do something , let's get this huge bug get viral on the net and well known . I will escalate this problem with microsoft support to the highest level if i have to in order for them to bring a fix or update soon.

Thank you for the feedback.
    Last edited by chispy1; 11-15-2017 at 12:31 AM.