Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: Windows 10 fall 2017 update and X-fi = complete disaster.

Visitor

Re: Windows 10 fall 2017 update and X-fi = complete disaster.

I recently bought a Titanium HD for 60€ as an update for my Titanium Fatal1ty Pro.
    And i ran into the same problems as mentioned here. And i try all the solutions, including this with the bitlocker DMA via gpedit.
    No chance. Windows constantly installs his HD Audio device driver and the creative setup says "no creative device".
    As a last try i reinstalled my fatality - everything is ok. Then exchanged it with the Titanium HD without removing the drivers - Windows 10 FCU installed his HD Audio drivers again - same problems.

So is there any other way or chance to get the Titanium HD running under FCU?

Quote Originally Posted by OceanBlue72 View Post
    I recently bought a Titanium HD for 60€ as an update for my Titanium Fatal1ty Pro.
    And i ran into the same problems as mentioned here. And i try all the solutions, including this with the bitlocker DMA via gpedit.
    No chance. Windows constantly installs his HD Audio device driver and the creative setup says "no creative device".
    As a last try i reinstalled my fatality - everything is ok. Then exchanged it with the Titanium HD without removing the drivers - Windows 10 FCU installed his HD Audio drivers again - same problems.

So is there any other way or chance to get the Titanium HD running under FCU?
    Hi OceanBlue72,

Do you want to try to do a manual install of the driver of the Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium HD by extracting the files from the installer file? This time round, you may want to use the installer file with the filename XFRL_PCDRV_L11_3_00_2021a.exe.

This article may give you some information on how to do a manual install of the driver.
    Last edited by HT-CL; 12-30-2017 at 02:52 PM.
    Om Vajrapani Hum,
    HT-CL

http://www1.wfp.org/

Visitor

Yes, i've tried this - setup.exe in the driver folder (no effect) and in via device manager with the wdma_emu.inf in the wdm folder.
    I can "install" the driver, but only with error code. When i start setup.exe after this it says, that there is no creative device.

Aida64 detects the card correctly under devices with creative x-fi. But this doesn't help for the driver installation.

Quote Originally Posted by OceanBlue72 View Post
    Yes, i've tried this - setup.exe in the driver folder (no effect) and in via device manager with the wdma_emu.inf in the wdm folder.
    I can "install" the driver, but only with error code. When i start setup.exe after this it says, that there is no creative device.

Aida64 detects the card correctly under devices with creative x-fi. But this doesn't help for the driver installation.
    Hi OceanBlue72,

I assume that the computer is set to "Legacy Boot" instead of "Secure Boot". I don't know if you have tried to install the sound card on another PCI Express slot.
    Om Vajrapani Hum,
    HT-CL

http://www1.wfp.org/

Visitor

I have 2 Slots free. The Fatality works in both of them, with the Titanium HD it makes no difference - always the same problem.
    Yes, secure boot is disabled, CSM is enabled with OpROM policies set to legacy only.

Visitor

After installing my Fatality back (works fine), i made a second attempt with both of them after clearing all creative files and drivers from my system.
    The Titanium HD is recognized by Windows as a High Definition Audio Device. Manually installing or deinstalling drivers via the setup.exe in the wdm folder gives no error, but didn't change anything. The setup of the driver suite says "no creative device bla bla bla".
    Installing the Fatality Windows recognizes it as a High Definition Audio Device too, but this doesn't prevent the driver suite from installing the creative software. You can see in the device manager while the installation process, how the setup exchanges the High Definition Audio Device with "Creative SB X-Fi". After reboot everthing works fine.

Are the Titanium HD and the Fatality so different?

I'm not sure if this is Creative or Windows related, but i will keep my Titanium HD hoping that a new creative driver or Windows update beyond FCU will "fix" this.

After a long odyssey today i tried the x-fi again on my ryzen system.
    What should i say, it works.
    I think microsoft has fixed it with the last updates. I use daniel_k driverpack.

Visitor

Hi blacktears,
    can you go a little bit more in details? Because i've installed my Titanium HD after the kb4056892 update (Taichi X399 Board, Windows FCU 64Bit) again and nothing changed.
    Was your Titanium HD already in the pc installed and one day Windows installes the right driver or have you plugged in your Titanium again and suddenly everything works?

Marcus

First, it`s not a Titanium HD, just a normal Titanium.
    I`ve plugged the card into my pc at yesterday.
    She was laying in a drawer since 1709 release. (making freeze my pc and so on)
    After ~ 30 seconds the pc would be resartet. I`ve got an driverupdate per WU what i never had become before since 1709.
    After the restart i installed the daniel_k driver.

Visitor

Thanks! That sounds interesting. Windows installs a newer driver by itself. You have made no restriction (regedit oder gpedit), to prevent Windows installing device drivers automatically, right? This function was sometimes a little bit tricky in earlier versions of Windows 10 (Nvidia driver).