Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Windows 10 fall 2017 update and X-fi = complete disaster.

Contributor

Angry Windows 10 fall 2017 update and X-fi = complete disaster.

After update there is constant troubles - speaker icon in lower right is always red crossed (seeking update?) when i boot up w10, start button does not work (WTH?!!), when trying to reboot there is always this window
    Only solution that i found - is to uninstall all creative drivers (and get no sounds at all)
    Found another solution - enter and exit sleep mode (or exit from user and enter again), but it only works until the next reboot.
    Last edited by KainXVIII; 10-19-2017 at 10:16 PM.

Contributor

Re: Windows 10 fall 2017 update and X-fi = complete disaster.

It s the same thing here. I deleted Daniels last Driver package, made the fall 2017 Windows update and Windows worked fine so far.
    After installing x-fi creative Drivers, WindowsStart did not open any more.

It might be possible to install the Driver of SB X-Fi Series Support Pack 4.0 manual and then
    step by step but I have no time to try it.

!!!! Be shure to create a restore Point before installing creative Software !!!
    Last edited by cebo; 10-20-2017 at 07:58 PM.

Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by cebo View Post
    !!!! Be shure to create a restore Point before installing creative Software !!!
    What the point? Still no fixes so far..

Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by HT-CL View Post
    There is most likely no new drivers for the sound cards.
    @ HT-CL .. you can`t do so. We have three X-Fi Sound Blaster X-Fi Elite Pro, two Sound Blaster X7 Limited Edition and one Sound Blaster E5. We alway buy Soundblaster Products also because of the long lasting Driver Support compared to other Brands. We need these X-Fi Elite Pro Cards and we use the x7 as standalone Preamplifier. The truth is, I see no alternatives to these X-Fi Cards and that's not a question of Money. If I were you, I would never ever let X-FI reache their end of life. X-Fi doesn`t hurt creative, but it is exactly the opposite, it rather enriches the brand creative.
    By the way, thanks again to DK for his exelent work till here.

@ HT-CL .. you can`t do so. We have three X-Fi Sound Blaster X-Fi Elite Pro, two Sound Blaster X7 Limited Edition and one Sound Blaster E5. We alway buy Soundblaster Products also because of the long lasting Driver Support compared to other Brands. We need these X-Fi Elite Pro Cards and we use the x7 as standalone Preamplifier. The truth is, I see no alternatives to these X-Fi Cards and that's not a question of Money. If I were you, I would never ever let X-FI reache their end of life. X-Fi doesn`t hurt creative, but it is exactly the opposite, it rather enriches the brand creative.
    By the way, thanks again to DK for his exelent work till here.
    Hi cebo,

All is not gloom. The Sound Blaster X-Fi series of sound cards should work fine on Windows 10 Creators Update, Windows 8.1, Windows 7, Windows Vista and Windows XP.

My colleague has tested the Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium and Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium HD on a test computer running Windows 10 Fall Creators Update and they are working fine.

He tested them because he received feedbacks that they are not working well after Windows 10 Fall Creators Update.
    Last edited by HT-CL; 10-23-2017 at 06:07 PM.
    Om Vajrapani Hum,
    HT-CL

http://www1.wfp.org/

Contributor

that sounds good. Maybe your colleague can tell us how he managed ist to get his x-fi to work and let windows survive at the same time. when I install the Driver after fall update, it breaks windows and window start doesn`t work anymore.

that sounds good. Maybe your colleague can tell us how he managed ist to get his x-fi to work and let windows survive at the same time. when I install the Driver after fall update, it breaks windows and window start doesn`t work anymore.
    Hi cebo,

He told me that he installed the driver from Creative's support website.

The computer he is using is often set to a fresh install of Windows 10 as he does not want to have issues while doing testings on different products.

But the Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium and Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium HD are different from the Sound Blaster X-Fi and Sound Blaster X-Fi Elite Pro.

The drivers are different and Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium series are using the PCI Express interface.

The Sound Blaster X-Fi and Sound Blaster X-Fi Elite Pro are using the PCI interface.

The driver of the Sound Blaster X-Fi and Sound Blaster X-Fi Elite Pro can be downloaded from this website.
    Last edited by HT-CL; 10-23-2017 at 08:30 PM.
    Om Vajrapani Hum,
    HT-CL

http://www1.wfp.org/

Contributor

... But the Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium and Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium HD are different from the Sound Blaster X-Fi and Sound Blaster X-Fi Elite Pro.
    @HT ..be shure I have a PCI-E X-Fi Titanium HD too. However, I just do not use the card ...and in fact we only buy mainboards with PCI slots because of the X-Fi PCI sound Cards.

The X-Fi Titanium HD is a fantastic card but I miss a X-FI I/O console here.

U see, we urgently need working Drivers.
    Last edited by cebo; 10-23-2017 at 10:34 PM.

Hi cebo,

All is not gloom. The Sound Blaster X-Fi series of sound cards should work fine on Windows 10 Creators Update, Windows 8.1, Windows 7, Windows Vista and Windows XP.

My colleague has tested the Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium and Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium HD on a test computer running Windows 10 Fall Creators Update and they are working fine.

He tested them because he received feedbacks that they are not working well after Windows 10 Fall Creators Update.
    That sounds very promising, i also have a Titanium HD and after Fall Creators Update (update from 1703 to 1709) i get a freeze on startup.

I suppose the machines of your friend are a clean and fresh install of the Fall Creators Update or did he also a update from 1703?

Edit: ok did read in another answer that they are a fresh install, i will try that, too :-)

Same problem here, i have a Asus R4BE Mainboard - always get a freeze when Windows starts, without the Titanium HD card i have no problem at all, but will try a fresh install of 1709....