Thread: Titanium HD vs Titanium Fatal1ty

Titanium HD vs Titanium Fatal1ty

Hello everyone!

I want to buy used card and choosing between Titanium HD and Titanium Fatal1ty.

I could find information abut adc \ dac in Titanium HD but there is totally no info about it it Fatal1ty.

All I could find is that Titanium HD is sb886, Titanium Fatal1ty is sb1270, they both have 64mb ram

So what is the difference for gaming in hd 598 \ ad700x headphones?

Trusted Contributor

Re: Titanium HD vs Titanium Fatal1ty

Get the Titanium HD, it has better drivers, especially for Windows 10. If you need 5.1 output later you can route its audio to another card through ASIO/ASIO4All.
    Also, the Titanium HD should have better audio quality all around and be a lot less noisy.
    Last edited by lagonauta; 11-10-2017 at 04:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by lagonauta View Post
    Get the Titanium HD, it has better drivers, especially for Windows 10. If you need 5.1 output later you can route its audio to another card through ASIO/ASIO4All.
    Also, the Titanium HD should have better audio quality all around and be a lot less noisy.
    thank you for your reply!

Are the drivers for Fatal1ty and HD version are different? Regarding to download center....

Shall I notice any difference between this two card using headphones for gaming?

Super Contributor squall_leonhart's Avatar

yes they are, the titanium hd doesn't have a emu20k processor, using the CA20K2 instead.

Quote Originally Posted by squall_leonhart View Post
    yes they are, the titanium hd doesn't have a emu20k processor, using the CA20K2 instead.
    Do. you mean that tihd is worse then ti fatality?

for what I saw is that tihd uses chip burr brown while fatality uses more entry level cirrus logic.

Trusted Contributor

They are the same chip with different names.