Thread: Has anyone upgraded to a Sound Blaster X AE-5 from an X-Fi Soundcard and can share theirthoughts?

Has anyone upgraded to a Sound Blaster X AE-5 from an X-Fi Soundcard and can share theirthoughts?

Just wanted to ask if anyone out there has purchased the new Sound Blaster X AE-5, having owned an X-Fi soundcard proior to that and could share their thoughts on how the 2 soundcards compare.

After a bad experience of buying the Soundblaster Z and being bitterly disappointed by the quality of the audio it only really leaves me with the X AE-5 to consider as a new alternative.

I'm after a new soundcard just for listening to music via 5.1 speakers, I don't use headphones and I'm not bothered with gaming effects or external features like docks or external controls etc.

Would really like to hear from you if you could please share your experience.

Thanks

Contributor

Re: Has anyone upgraded to a Sound Blaster X AE-5 from an X-Fi Soundcard and can share theirthoughts?

I never heard the new X AE-5 yet but absolutely, it seems to make your life more colourful ....