Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11

Thread: Katana popping

  1. #1

    Katana popping

    Hello, have problem with popping/crackling sound in my katana speaker. Before and after sound it does pop....Its like pop....sound....pop. Its most noticable at notification sounds.
    Using windows 10 - katana connected with usb, updated firmware
    Did this http://support.creative.com/kb/ShowA...x?sid=137460&c but it doesnt help.

    Does anyone have any idea what to do with it?

    Thank you

  2. #2
    Moderator HT-CL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    1,212

    Re: Katana popping

    Quote Originally Posted by GaSo View Post
    Hello, have problem with popping/crackling sound in my katana speaker. Before and after sound it does pop....Its like pop....sound....pop. Its most noticable at notification sounds.
    Using windows 10 - katana connected with usb, updated firmware
    Did this http://support.creative.com/kb/ShowA...x?sid=137460&c but it doesnt help.

    Does anyone have any idea what to do with it?

    Thank you
    Hi GaSo,

    If the Sound BlasterX Katana is connected to a USB 3.0 port, you may want to try to connect it to a USB 2.0 port.

    This article may give you some information.

    The other reason may be a ground loop.

    The optical connection can be used if the USB connection is giving problems.
    Last edited by HT-CL; 11-15-2017 at 10:45 AM.
    Om Vajrapani Hum,
    HT-CL

    http://www1.wfp.org/

  3. #3

    Re: Katana popping

    I tried it with using USB 2.0 but it was same. So I think optical is maybe only solution.

  4. #4
    Moderator HT-CL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    1,212

    Re: Katana popping

    Quote Originally Posted by GaSo View Post
    I tried it with using USB 2.0 but it was same. So I think optical is maybe only solution.
    Hi GaSo,

    Some mainboards have a setting to enable USB legacy mode support. If your mainboard has the option in BIOS, you may want to try to enable it.

    You can also enable "Compatibility Support Module" to see if it helps.
    Last edited by HT-CL; 11-16-2017 at 02:17 PM.
    Om Vajrapani Hum,
    HT-CL

    http://www1.wfp.org/

  5. #5

    Re: Katana popping

    Ok tried legacy mode but it is still the same. I tried speakers on diferent computer with win 10 but there was same problem. When I connect speakers over BT there is no problem with popping.

  6. #6
    Moderator HT-CL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    1,212

    Re: Katana popping

    Quote Originally Posted by GaSo View Post
    Ok tried legacy mode but it is still the same. I tried speakers on diferent computer with win 10 but there was same problem. When I connect speakers over BT there is no problem with popping.
    Hi GaSo,

    There can still be a problem of a ground loop in between the computer and the speaker when you connect the speaker to another computer through a USB connection.

    When you connect the speaker to a computer through Bluetooth, there is no physical electrical connection between them therefore, there is no ground loop.

    Using an optical connection breaks the ground loop as well as it is not an electrical connection.

    If you own a laptop, you can try to remove the power supply of the laptop temporarily and use the laptop's battery to power it. Then you connect the Sound BlasterX Katana to the laptop through a USB connection.

    If there is still crackling, there is a possibility of the speaker being faulty. Running the laptop with its battery removes the ground loop as well.

    Ensure that a 3.5mm audio cable is not connected to the Sound BlasterX Katana if the speaker is playing audio through a USB connection.
    Last edited by HT-CL; 11-28-2017 at 05:54 PM. Reason: There was a missing "not" on the last sentence of the post.
    Om Vajrapani Hum,
    HT-CL

    http://www1.wfp.org/

  7. #7

    Re: Katana popping

    So I connect it to laptop powered with battery only and I don't hear popping. So it looks like ground problem. Now how can I solve this problem except using optical connection?

  8. #8
    Moderator HT-CL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    1,212

    Re: Katana popping

    Quote Originally Posted by GaSo View Post
    So I connect it to laptop powered with battery only and I don't hear popping. So it looks like ground problem. Now how can I solve this problem except using optical connection?
    Hi GaSo,

    You may want to try to change the "polarity" of the two prong power plug of the Sound BlasterX Katana or your computer to see if it helps.
    Om Vajrapani Hum,
    HT-CL

    http://www1.wfp.org/

  9. #9

    Re: Katana popping

    Tried change polarity of power plug of the Sound BlasterX Katana but it doesn't help. Can't change computer power plug because it use three-pronged plugs. Any ideas? BTW thank you for helping

  10. #10
    Moderator HT-CL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    1,212

    Re: Katana popping

    Quote Originally Posted by GaSo View Post
    Tried change polarity of power plug of the Sound BlasterX Katana but it doesn't help. Can't change computer power plug because it use three-pronged plugs. Any ideas? BTW thank you for helping
    Hi GaSo,

    You may want to try to connect the Sound BlasterX Katana to a separate power socket to see if it helps.

    I have sent you a private message.
    Last edited by HT-CL; 11-29-2017 at 08:06 PM.
    Om Vajrapani Hum,
    HT-CL

    http://www1.wfp.org/

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •