Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Soundblaster Z Audio Cuts out until click Dolby/DTS in control Panel

Contributor

Re: Soundblaster Z Audio Cuts out until click Dolby/DTS in control Panel

Got that **** finally sorted out , It does have something to do with power management functions , for me on my hp OMEN desktop X 900-000 I had to go in the bios and change 2 power management options :
    1. OS power management > changed form Extended to NORMAL
    2. Hardware Power management > from ENABLE to Disable
    I have no Idea how this will effect the overall system so far Didn't notice anything strange except the bloody card works properly now .

Within Win10 Power Options PCi Express was set to disable by default
    Now after few hours of gaming , music playing and watching videos no more cut out or this strange POP and CLICKS

However Creative should get this sorted out in future release of drivers so It doesn't influence the card and we don't have to play TRUE DETECTIVES & Engineers to get it working properly .

Contributor

At least the Creative support does answer and fairly quick however mentioned method didn't resolve the problem for me ,however disabling HPET and Power Management options within bios did resolve the issue :
    "
    Creative Support (Creative Labs Pte Ltd.)
    Dec 7, 14:36 +08
    Dear Darko,

Thank you for contacting Creative.

We would suggest you follow the procedure below for a clean re-installation and then update us about the outcome.

1. Go to Control Panel -- Apps and Features and remove all Creative/Sound Blaster softwares. Do not restart the computer, even if prompted so.
    2. Go to Device Manager -- Audio, Video and Game Controllers and right-click on each Creative/Sound Blaster entry, then select Properties and from the Driver tab choose Uninstall/Remove. Repeat the procedure with each of them. Do not restart the computer, even if prompted so.
    3. Use Windows Search on your hard drive(s) to locate the Creative folder and delete it.
    4. Download the following file and save it in a known location. Do not launch it for the moment.

Sound Blaster Z-Series Software
    File Name : SBZ_CD_L13_1_01_10.exe
    LINK: http://support.creative.com/download...wnloadId=13796

5. Disconnect the computer from the internet and restart.
    6. With the internet connection still inactive, install the previously downloaded software, then restart again.
    7. Are you still experiencing the same issue with the encoder?

If yes, please provide the following file for us to investigate further.

a. Press and hold the Windows icon on the keyboard and press the R key.
    b. Type MSINFO32 on the search bar, then click on OK.
    c. A window will pop up: click on the top left on "File", then on "Save".

Thank you very much in advance for your cooperation.

Regards,
    Lorenzo
    Creative Labs Pte Ltd
    Worldwide Customer Response
    http://support.creative.com
    "

Quote Originally Posted by dvojinov View Post
    At least the Creative support does answer and fairly quick however mentioned method didn't resolve the problem for me ,however disabling HPET and Power Management options within bios did resolve the issue :
    "
    Creative Support (Creative Labs Pte Ltd.)
    Dec 7, 14:36 +08
    Dear Darko,

Thank you for contacting Creative.

We would suggest you follow the procedure below for a clean re-installation and then update us about the outcome.

1. Go to Control Panel -- Apps and Features and remove all Creative/Sound Blaster softwares. Do not restart the computer, even if prompted so.
    2. Go to Device Manager -- Audio, Video and Game Controllers and right-click on each Creative/Sound Blaster entry, then select Properties and from the Driver tab choose Uninstall/Remove. Repeat the procedure with each of them. Do not restart the computer, even if prompted so.
    3. Use Windows Search on your hard drive(s) to locate the Creative folder and delete it.
    4. Download the following file and save it in a known location. Do not launch it for the moment.

Sound Blaster Z-Series Software
    File Name : SBZ_CD_L13_1_01_10.exe
    LINK: http://support.creative.com/download...wnloadId=13796

5. Disconnect the computer from the internet and restart.
    6. With the internet connection still inactive, install the previously downloaded software, then restart again.
    7. Are you still experiencing the same issue with the encoder?

If yes, please provide the following file for us to investigate further.

a. Press and hold the Windows icon on the keyboard and press the R key.
    b. Type MSINFO32 on the search bar, then click on OK.
    c. A window will pop up: click on the top left on "File", then on "Save".

Thank you very much in advance for your cooperation.

Regards,
    Lorenzo
    Creative Labs Pte Ltd
    Worldwide Customer Response
    http://support.creative.com
    "
    Hi dvojinov,

We are glad that you have solved the problem.
    Om Vajrapani Hum,
    HT-CL

http://www1.wfp.org/

Contributor

Please let your driver and development team look into this problem not only Z is affected but the whole range of Z cards I came across many tech forums with many users complaining about the same issue specially after W10 fall update.
    too bad that you took out Encoding capability of the AE series I would go for it .

Quote Originally Posted by dvojinov View Post
    Please let your driver and development team look into this problem not only Z is affected but the whole range of Z cards I came across many tech forums with many users complaining about the same issue specially after W10 fall update.
    too bad that you took out Encoding capability of the AE series I would go for it .
    Hi dvojinov,

Thank you for the feedback. We will help the users as much as we can when they contact Creative support or Creative forums.
    Om Vajrapani Hum,
    HT-CL

http://www1.wfp.org/