Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: How to configure Sound for gaming?

Contributor

Re: How to configure Sound for gaming?

Hi admin, It correct, there is sound when i click on test in the properties of SPDIF-Out, that is the software i select no encoder, but i select DDL and DTS Connect, Windows Sound is warning "play another device ..." i don't remember. The decode LED in my Speakers only active when i watching the movies, when i playing games, the sound is 2.1 and Decode LED isn't working. I have 1 Computer in my house

Quote Originally Posted by manutd1606 View Post
    Hi admin, It correct, there is sound when i click on test in the properties of SPDIF-Out, that is the software i select no encoder, but i select DDL and DTS Connect, Windows Sound is warning "play another device ..." i don't remember. The decode LED in my Speakers only active when i watching the movies, when i playing games, the sound is 2.1 and Decode LED isn't working. I have 1 Computer in my house
    Hi manutd1606,

Then there is not much options left. You may want to uninstall the driver and shut down.

Move the sound card to another PCI Express slot, install the driver and restart the computer.

If it still does not work, the last resort may be to reset Windows 10.

This article contains the audio output behavior of the Sound Blaster Z.
    Last edited by HT-CL; 12-05-2017 at 02:54 PM.
    Om Vajrapani Hum,
    HT-CL

http://www1.wfp.org/

Contributor

i've read this post, http://forums.creative.com/showthread.php?t=45857, maybe playing games won't encode 6- channels in the Speakers, is that correct???

i've read this post, http://forums.creative.com/showthread.php?t=45857, maybe playing games won't encode 6- channels in the Speakers, is that correct???
    Hi manutd1606,

I am not sure about games but you should be able to get Dolby Digital audio signals with stereo MP3 playback.
    Om Vajrapani Hum,
    HT-CL

Contributor

Selected Audio Endpoint: SPDIF-Out (Sound Blaster Z)
    Audio Outputs
    Speaker Configuration Headphone Out Line Out Optical Out
    Headphones Inactive Inactive Refer to below Digital Output Chart B
    Stereo Inactive Inactive Refer to below Digital Output Chart B
    5.1 Surround Inactive Inactive Refer to below Digital Output Chart B

Digital Output Chart B
    Encoder*
    (Dolby Digital Live / DTS-Connect)
    Play stereo mix to digital output Optical Out
    ON OFF / ON No Signal
    OFF OFF / ON Stereo PCM or SPDIF Passthrough+

Hi admin, That that correctly what i'm talking about ... Encoder on => no Signal, Encoder Off => SPDIF Passthrough, it mean film Sound DTS 5.1 or TrueHD 7.1, Games 2.1 not 6 channel diffirence, Example: Call Of Duty World War 2, support 7.1

Selected Audio Endpoint: SPDIF-Out (Sound Blaster Z)
    Audio Outputs
    Speaker Configuration Headphone Out Line Out Optical Out
    Headphones Inactive Inactive Refer to below Digital Output Chart B
    Stereo Inactive Inactive Refer to below Digital Output Chart B
    5.1 Surround Inactive Inactive Refer to below Digital Output Chart B

Digital Output Chart B
    Encoder*
    (Dolby Digital Live / DTS-Connect)
    Play stereo mix to digital output Optical Out
    ON OFF / ON No Signal
    OFF OFF / ON Stereo PCM or SPDIF Passthrough+

Hi admin, That that correctly what i'm talking about ... Encoder on => no Signal, Encoder Off => SPDIF Passthrough, it mean film Sound DTS 5.1 or TrueHD 7.1, Games 2.1 not 6 channel diffirence, Example: Call Of Duty World War 2, support 7.1
    Hi manutd1606,

The audio output behavior is for "SPDIF-Out" selected as the default playback device.

You have feedback that the Dolby Digital encoding does not work even when you selected "Speakers" as the default playback device.
    Last edited by HT-CL; 12-05-2017 at 03:55 PM.
    Om Vajrapani Hum,
    HT-CL

Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by HT-CL View Post
    Hi manutd1606,

That setting is for "SPDIF-Out" selected as the default playback device. But you also feedback that Dolby Digital encoding does not work even when you selected "Speakers" as the default playback device.
    Hi admin, oh no, you don't understand what i mean, i mean i want to use SPDIF-OUT for everything, including playing games, watching the movies, listening to music ... Currently, i did watching the movies, listening to music if i select no encoder, but when I playing games, I want to encode 5.1, 6 channels diffirence, but if i select DDL or DTS Connect to encode games, it's not working, no signal. Sorry my english is not good, i can't explain detail to help you understand me.
    Last edited by manutd1606; 12-05-2017 at 04:03 PM.

Hi admin, oh no, you don't understand what i mean, i mean i want to use SPDIF-OUT for everything, including playing games, watching the movies, listening to music ... Currently, i did watching the movies, listening to music if i select no encoder, but when I playing games, I want to encode 5.1, 6 channels diffirence, but if i select DDL or DTS Connect to encode games, it's not working, no signal. Sorry my english is not good, i can't explain detail to help you understand me.
    Hi manutd1606,

The Sound Blaster Z is able to encode most type of audio signals to Dolby Digital or DTS Connect signals and output them through the S/PDIF connection even when "Speakers" is selected as the default playback device.

You wrote the the Dolby Digital encoder is working on the Sound Blaster X-Fi Surround 5.1 Pro and the Dolby Digital encoder should also work on the Sound Blaster Z.

But if you are fine with selecting "SPDIF-Out" as the default playing device, you may want to keep the setting.
    Last edited by HT-CL; 12-05-2017 at 04:09 PM.
    Om Vajrapani Hum,
    HT-CL

Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by HT-CL View Post
    Hi manutd1606,

The Sound Blaster Z is able to encode all kinds of audio signals to Dolby Digital or DTS Connect signals and output them through the S/PDIF connection even when "Speakers" is selected as the default playback device.
    Hi admin, i don't know, maybe this game can't support DDL or DTS Connect, but i select DTS Connect or DDL, It's not working, Can you see my comment #3, It same like that ...

Hi admin, i don't know, maybe this game can't support DDL or DTS Connect, but i select DTS Connect or DDL, It's not working, Can you see my comment #3, It same like that ...
    Hi manutd1606,

That may be a possibility. That is why I said I am not sure about games.

Do not worry much about Dolby Digital or DTS Connect encoding, as the 5.1 channels analog audio output can give a decent audio output.
    Last edited by HT-CL; 12-05-2017 at 04:23 PM.
    Om Vajrapani Hum,
    HT-CL