Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: How to configure Sound for gaming?

Contributor

How to configure Sound for gaming?

Hi guy, I'm really sorry because my english is bad, maybe you can't understand what am saying.
    I’ve got a SOUND SPEAKER SYSTEM Logitech Z906 , a Sound Creative Z with Signal Optical, when i watching the movies, ex: The.Fate.of.the.Furious.2017.1080p.BluRay.DTS.x264-HDVN, my Speakers is played with difference channels, when I playing games, ex: Call of Duty World War 2, it's only playing 2.1, my Speakers can't decode 5.1. So, can you help me How to configure sound 5.1 for gaming with Signal Optical?
    Thanks for Helping!!!

Trusted Contributor

Re: How to configure Sound for gaming?

You should use analogic connection for better quality.

Or if you really want to stay on optical connection, you will need to use to encode you sound with DDL or DTS-connect, as the optical link do not have enough bandwitch to pass an un compress 5.1 channel.

Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by Choum View Post
    You should use analogic connection for better quality.

Or if you really want to stay on optical connection, you will need to use to encode you sound with DDL or DTS-connect, as the optical link do not have enough bandwitch to pass an un compress 5.1 channel.
    I had tried choose DDL or DTS-Connect, but when i select these two modes, My speakers don't emit any sounds ....
    When i use Creative Sb1095, My speakers Always decoded 5.1, i don't know why

Last edited by manutd1606; 12-03-2017 at 06:04 PM.

Hi manutd1606,

You may want to try to go to the "Advanced Features" tab and uncheck on "Play stereo mix to digital output" as that option is for outputting audio through S/PDIF output without the Dolby Digital Live or DTS Connect encoder.

You will have to go to Windows Sound and set the playback bit rate and sample rate to be 24 bit 48 kHz.
    Om Vajrapani Hum,
    HT-CL

http://www1.wfp.org/

Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by HT-CL View Post
    Hi manutd1606,

You may want to try to go to the "Advanced Features" tab and uncheck on "Play stereo mix to digital output" as that option is for outputting audio through S/PDIF output without the Dolby Digital Live or DTS Connect encoder.

You will have to go to Windows Sound and set the playback bit rate and sample rate to be 24 bit 48 kHz.
    I've tried that way so many times but It didn't work. So, What do I have to do now?
    Last edited by manutd1606; 12-04-2017 at 10:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by manutd1606 View Post
    I've tried that way so many times but It didn't work. So, What do i do?
    Hi manutd1606,

I have missed out one thing.

From your screenshot, you selected "SPDIF-Out" as the default playback device. You will have to select "Speakers" as the default playback device.
    Om Vajrapani Hum,
    HT-CL

Contributor

Hi manutd1606,

I have missed out one thing.

From your screenshot, you selected "SPDIF-Out" as the default playback device. You will have to select "Speakers" as the default playback device.
    I've tried it in the same way but it also happened ....

I've tried it in the same way but it also happened ....
    Hi manutd1606,

You may want to try to set SBX Surround to "100%" to see if it helps.

The audio output behaviors on the Sound Blaster X-Fi Surround 5.1 Pro and the Sound Blaster Z are different.

For the Sound Blaster X-Fi Surround 5.1 Pro, you will have to select "S/PDIF Out" as the default playback device but for the Sound Blaster Z, you will have to select "Speakers" as the default playback device.
    Om Vajrapani Hum,
    HT-CL

Contributor

Hi manutd1606,

You may want to try to set SBX Surround to "100%" to see if it helps.

The audio output behaviors on the Sound Blaster X-Fi Surround 5.1 Pro and the Sound Blaster Z are different.

For the Sound Blaster X-Fi Surround 5.1 Pro, you will have to select "S/PDIF Out" as the default playback device but for the Sound Blaster Z, you will have to select "Speakers" as the default playback device.
    Hi admin, When I select or not select SBX Surround to "100%", I still don't hear any sound coming from my Speakers ...
    Can you use teamview to help me fix that? I'm from Vietnam, Can I meet you at 6pm? It mean Your country will be 7 p.m?

Hi admin, When I select or not select SBX Surround to "100%", I still don't hear any sound coming from my Speakers ...
    Can you use teamview to help me fix that? I'm from Vietnam, Can I meet you at 6pm? It mean Your country will be 7 p.m?
    Hi manutd1606,

I am afraid it is not possible as I will be knocking off at 6pm (GMT+8).

Ensure that you have selected 5.1 speakers on the Sound Blaster Z Control Panel.
    Om Vajrapani Hum,
    HT-CL