Thread: Katana LED-profile resetting to default

Question Katana LED-profile resetting to default

Everytime I turn on my Katana, it resets to the default Lighting-profile Aurora and I have to manually select my "Personal" Solo profile.

I'm running a blue LED-theme on all my devices (keyboard/mouse/case-lighting) and find it really annoying.

Am I missing some settings in Sound Blaster Connect or is it normal?

If it's normal, then it needs to fixed.

Otherwise, I love my Katana!

Re: Katana LED-profile resetting to default

Quote Originally Posted by Hansen View Post
    Everytime I turn on my Katana, it resets to the default Lighting-profile Aurora and I have to manually select my "Personal" Solo profile.

I'm running a blue LED-theme on all my devices (keyboard/mouse/case-lighting) and find it really annoying.

Am I missing some settings in Sound Blaster Connect or is it normal?

If it's normal, then it needs to fixed.

Otherwise, I love my Katana!
    Hi Hansen,

Is the firmware of the Sound BlasterX Katana updated to the latest version?

You can download the latest version of the firmware from this website.
    Last edited by HT-CL; 12-05-2017 at 02:26 PM.
    Om Vajrapani Hum,
    HT-CL

http://www1.wfp.org/

Yup, got firmware version 1.17.171013.103 on the speaker already and Sound Blaster Connect is also up to date with version 1.03.14.

Btw, it's connected via USB, using Optical shouldn't make a difference, right?

Yup, got firmware version 1.17.171013.103 on the speaker already and Sound Blaster Connect is also up to date with version 1.03.14.

Btw, it's connected via USB, using Optical shouldn't make a difference, right?
    Hi Hansen,

To know if the custom lighting profile will load when you are using an optical connection, you can select the source as "Optical", power off the Sound BlasterX Katana and unplug the power, disconnect the Sound BlasterX Katana's USB connection and power on the Sound BlasterX Katana.

That will determine if the custom lighting profile has to be selected only when the Sound Blaster Connect 2 software is running or the custom lighting profile will load when the Sound BlasterX Katana is powered on.
    Om Vajrapani Hum,
    HT-CL

Quote Originally Posted by HT-CL View Post
    Hi Hansen,

To know if the custom lighting profile will load when you are using an optical connection, you can select the source as "Optical", power off the Sound BlasterX Katana and unplug the power, disconnect the Sound BlasterX Katana's USB connection and power on the Sound BlasterX Katana.

That will determine if the custom lighting profile has to be selected only when the Sound Blaster Connect 2 software is running or the custom lighting profile will load when the Sound BlasterX Katana is powered on.
    That didn't help, it still resets to the default lighting with only optical cable connected.
    Edit: Even tried with the power turned off for over a minute.

That didn't help, it still resets to the default lighting with only optical cable connected.
    Edit: Even tried with the power turned off for over a minute.
    Hi Hansen,

You may want to feedback the behavior of the Sound BlasterX Katana by contacting Creative support.
    Om Vajrapani Hum,
    HT-CL