Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Static noise in-game with Sound Blasterx AE-5

Static noise in-game with Sound Blasterx AE-5

Hi all,

I just got yesterday my first sound card, a Sound Blasterx AE-5. After installing all drivers and the Sound Blaster Connect, and rebooting the system a couple times, I decide to test it getting in PUBG. And when I get in the menu, I have all music from the menus unabled, I hear a static noise, and it contiunes playing in a game. The sound just stops when on loading screens.

Then I try using different PCI-e ports, different headphones and the static remains. Doesn't matter the general volume of the computer, the noise is there.

After that I decided to try other games, and I found out that with CS:GO or Elite Dangerous I get no static, but in PUBG, Rainbow Six Siege, PES2018 or Crossout I get static.

I've tried changing the Advanced properties to lower the quality to 16 and 24 bit, but didn't work. Tried both Headset and Direct HP configurations in Sound Blaster Connect. And I don't know what else to do.

I'm going to leave my specs here just in case it could help finding a solution.

CPU: Ryzen 7 1700X
    MOBO: Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming K7
    RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB(2x8GB) DDR4 3000MHz CL15
    GPU: Sapphire R9 390 Tri-X Nitro OC 8GB GDDR5

Thanks for your attention!

Re: Static noise in-game with Sound Blasterx AE-5

Quote Originally Posted by endermaster View Post
    Hi all,

I just got yesterday my first sound card, a Sound Blasterx AE-5. After installing all drivers and the Sound Blaster Connect, and rebooting the system a couple times, I decide to test it getting in PUBG. And when I get in the menu, I have all music from the menus unabled, I hear a static noise, and it contiunes playing in a game. The sound just stops when on loading screens.

Then I try using different PCI-e ports, different headphones and the static remains. Doesn't matter the general volume of the computer, the noise is there.

After that I decided to try other games, and I found out that with CS:GO or Elite Dangerous I get no static, but in PUBG, Rainbow Six Siege, PES2018 or Crossout I get static.

I've tried changing the Advanced properties to lower the quality to 16 and 24 bit, but didn't work. Tried both Headset and Direct HP configurations in Sound Blaster Connect. And I don't know what else to do.

I'm going to leave my specs here just in case it could help finding a solution.

CPU: Ryzen 7 1700X
    MOBO: Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming K7
    RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB(2x8GB) DDR4 3000MHz CL15
    GPU: Sapphire R9 390 Tri-X Nitro OC 8GB GDDR5

Thanks for your attention!
    Hi endermaster,

You may want to try to set the sample rate of the audio output to be 48kHz.
    Last edited by HT-CL; 12-05-2017 at 04:36 PM.
    Om Vajrapani Hum,
    HT-CL

http://www1.wfp.org/

Quote Originally Posted by HT-CL View Post
    Hi endermaster,

You may want to try to set the sample rate of the audio output to be 48kHz.
    Hi HT-CL, thanks for your quick answer. Just tried setting the audio rate to 48kHz but the noise doesn't disappear.

Hi HT-CL, thanks for your quick answer. Just tried setting the audio rate to 48kHz but the noise doesn't disappear.
    Hi endermaster,

You may want to go to BIOS, go to the "Power" tab and disable "High Precision Event Timer" if it does not help, you can enable it again.
    Om Vajrapani Hum,
    HT-CL

Hi endermaster,

You may want to go to BIOS, go to the "Power" tab and disable "High Precision Event Timer" if it does not help, you can enable it again.
    Hi HT-CL,

I tried disableing the "High Precision Event Timer" in the BIOS, but nothing happened, the noise is still there. I don't understand why I get it with some games and with others no.
    Last edited by endermaster; 12-07-2017 at 02:07 AM.

Hi HT-CL,

I tried disableing the "High Precision Event Timer" in the BIOS, but nothing happened, the noise is still there. I don't understand why I get it with some games and with others no.
    Hi endermaster,

Is your headphone connected to both the USB connection and 3.5mm audio connection at the same time?

If your headphone is connected both the USB connection and 3.5mm audio connection at the same time, you may want to try to disconnect the USB connection.

If the molex connector is connected to the Sound BlasterX AE-5, you may want to disconnect it to see if it helps.

If you are not enabling the LED lighting on the LED light strip, the molex connector does not have to be connected to the sound card.
    Last edited by HT-CL; 12-07-2017 at 06:00 PM.
    Om Vajrapani Hum,
    HT-CL

Hi HT-CL,

My headphone is connected throught he 3.5mm audio connection. Is an ATH M50x, also tried with AKG K512 and regular earphones.

And neither the molex connector or the Led light strip are connected. The card is just connected in the PCI-e slot.

Hi HT-CL,

My headphone is connected throught he 3.5mm audio connection. Is an ATH M50x, also tried with AKG K512 and regular earphones.

And neither the molex connector or the Led light strip are connected. The card is just connected in the PCI-e slot.
    Hi endermaster,

As the games that have static are the ones requiring more processing power from the CPU and graphics card, the noise may be caused by the electromagnetic interference from high frequency digital signals or the noise may be caused by the changes in the timing of the computer.

It is recommended to install the sound card as far away as possible from the graphics card and you may want to try to change the timing setting on Windows.

You may want to try to go to "Command Prompt" and enter "bcdedit /set useplatformclock true" to see if it helps.

The opposite of the command is "bcdedit /deletevalue useplatformclock".
    Om Vajrapani Hum,
    HT-CL

Hi endermaster,

As the games that have static are the ones requiring more processing power from the CPU and graphics card, the noise may be caused by the electromagnetic interference from high frequency digital signals or the noise may be caused by the changes in the timing of the computer.

It is recommended to install the sound card as far away as possible from the graphics card and you may want to try to change the timing setting on Windows.

You may want to try to go to "Command Prompt" and enter "bcdedit /set useplatformclock true" to see if it helps.

The opposite of the command is "bcdedit /deletevalue useplatformclock".

Hi HT-CL,

I've installed the sound card as far away as possibe from the gpu, and everything. But nothing worked.
    I guess what I have to decide now is if I want to switch to an external soundcard or stick with the soundblasterx ar-5 and change my GPU.

In case I decide to upgrade my GPU, do you know if this is a usuall problem with radeon units? Do you have any suggestion about what could be a good solution?

Thanks again for your time and patience.
    Last edited by endermaster; 12-10-2017 at 12:21 AM.

Hi HT-CL,

I've installed the sound card as far away as possibe from the gpu, and everything. But nothing worked.
    I guess what I have to decide now is if I want to switch to an external soundcard or stick with the soundblasterx ar-5 and change my GPU.

In case I decide to upgrade my GPU, do you know if this is a usuall problem with radeon units? Do you have any suggestion about what could be a good solution?

Thanks again for your time and patience.
    Hi endermaster,

So far I have not seen feedback about static noise in games on the Sound BlasterX AE-5 with AMD Radeon graphics cards.

You may want to test the sound card on another computer maybe it has another graphics card as well and see if the same issue occurs with the sound card. If there is an issue with the sound card, you may want to get it replaced.
    Om Vajrapani Hum,
    HT-CL