Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Sound BlasterX AE-5 audio randomly gets warbly

Re: Sound BlasterX AE-5 audio randomly gets warbly

It occurred again. Reducing used PCI lanes didn't work, and swapping ports didn't work. The issue is still intermittently occurring. The worst thing is because its intermittent, it makes it impossible to really figure out if the issue is with the card until it's well after warranty. Any additional assistance would be welcome at this point. Oh, and I have attempted to use a distinct install of Windows 10 bootable from a flash drive, to try and eliminate configuration issues. It still occurs.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Jaguar View Post
    It occurred again. Reducing used PCI lanes didn't work, and swapping ports didn't work. The issue is still intermittently occurring. The worst thing is because its intermittent, it makes it impossible to really figure out if the issue is with the card until it's well after warranty. Any additional assistance would be welcome at this point. Oh, and I have attempted to use a distinct install of Windows 10 bootable from a flash drive, to try and eliminate configuration issues. It still occurs.
    Hi Dark Jaguar,

You may want to go to BIOS and enable "Compatibility Support Module" to see if it helps.

If it does not work, you may want to contact Creative support.
    Last edited by HT-CL; 02-05-2018 at 04:20 PM.
    Om Vajrapani Hum,
    HT-CL

http://www1.wfp.org/

I checked and the compatibility support module for UEFI support on older OSes is turned on, though I'm using Windows 10 so it should already have UEFI support I believe. Further, the issue is intermittent, meaning it works a lot of the time just fine. I don't believe its a compatibility issue. What would be the best way to contact support?

I checked and the compatibility support module for UEFI support on older OSes is turned on, though I'm using Windows 10 so it should already have UEFI support I believe. Further, the issue is intermittent, meaning it works a lot of the time just fine. I don't believe its a compatibility issue. What would be the best way to contact support?
    Hi Dark Jaguar,

You can contact Creative support with this link.
    Om Vajrapani Hum,
    HT-CL

Quote Originally Posted by HT-CL View Post
    Hi Dark Jaguar,

Do you want to try to install the sound card on another PCI Express slot?

Sometimes it helps with some unknown issues.
    This isn't really a good solution, even if it works. And I doubt it will help in most cases.

Plenty of people would be using a 16 lane CPU, with 16 being used by the GPU, the soundcard utilizing lanes from the mobo itself. Installing it elsewhere will likely end up stealing bandwith from your GPU, which nobody wants to do.

I have had this card for about a month now & have a VERY annoying problem with it. Randomly, the audio gets a bizarre warbly almost underwater effect. This effect persists until I restart my PC. Disabling and renenabling the device doesn't solve it. It happens intermittently. Sometimes it will happen mid-video. Just, suddenly with no pauses or warning. Sometimes it'll happen over and over again in the same day, and sometimes I can go for a week without it happening. I run a very clean PC, with minimal processes running in the background (as minimal as Windows 10 will allow at least). I do have Creative Alchemy running, but EAX effects don't trigger it. In fact, I have yet to determine ANY sort of trigger of any kind.
    Hi Dark Jaguar,

You may want to try to disable dynamic ticks on Windows 10.

You can do so by running "Command Prompt" as Administrator and entering the command "bcdedit /set disabledynamictick yes".

This website states that Dynamic Ticks help to conserve power but can cause strange issues on some computers when gaming or engaging in other media related tasks.

If entering the command does not help, the command to enable dynamic tick is "bcdedit /set disabledynamictick no".
    Om Vajrapani Hum,
    HT-CL