Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Sound BlasterX AE-5 audio randomly gets warbly

Sound BlasterX AE-5 audio randomly gets warbly

I have had this card for about a month now & have a VERY annoying problem with it. Randomly, the audio gets a bizarre warbly almost underwater effect. This effect persists until I restart my PC. Disabling and renenabling the device doesn't solve it. It happens intermittently. Sometimes it will happen mid-video. Just, suddenly with no pauses or warning. Sometimes it'll happen over and over again in the same day, and sometimes I can go for a week without it happening. I run a very clean PC, with minimal processes running in the background (as minimal as Windows 10 will allow at least). I do have Creative Alchemy running, but EAX effects don't trigger it. In fact, I have yet to determine ANY sort of trigger of any kind.

Re: Sound BlasterX AE-5 audio randomly gets warbly

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Jaguar View Post
    I have had this card for about a month now & have a VERY annoying problem with it. Randomly, the audio gets a bizarre warbly almost underwater effect. This effect persists until I restart my PC. Disabling and renenabling the device doesn't solve it. It happens intermittently. Sometimes it will happen mid-video. Just, suddenly with no pauses or warning. Sometimes it'll happen over and over again in the same day, and sometimes I can go for a week without it happening. I run a very clean PC, with minimal processes running in the background (as minimal as Windows 10 will allow at least). I do have Creative Alchemy running, but EAX effects don't trigger it. In fact, I have yet to determine ANY sort of trigger of any kind.
    Hi Dark Jaguar,

You may want to run "Command Prompt" as Administrator and enter the commands:
    "bcdedit /deletevalue useplatformclock"

Then you restart the computer.
    Last edited by HT-CL; 12-27-2017 at 05:27 PM.
    Om Vajrapani Hum,
    HT-CL

http://www1.wfp.org/

Thank you for the suggestions, though currently my motherboard has no HPET and I have all power saving features turned off on it as well.

If anyone has any more suggestions I would be open to them. This issue has been frustrating to the point I'm considering just returning the card and going with on-board audio.

If anyone has any more suggestions I would be open to them. This issue has been frustrating to the point I'm considering just returning the card and going with on-board audio.
    Hi Dark Jaguar,

Do you want to give the command line workaround a try?

You don't have to run Creative ALchemy on the background of the computer if you are not going to play games that support EAX.
    Last edited by HT-CL; 12-29-2017 at 01:05 PM.
    Om Vajrapani Hum,
    HT-CL

I have, but it happened again last night.

I have, but it happened again last night.
    Hi Dark Jaguar,

Do you want to try to install the sound card on another PCI Express slot?

Sometimes it helps with some unknown issues.
    Om Vajrapani Hum,
    HT-CL

I will see if i have a free slot I can use. The graphics card makes things a little cramped. I'll get back to you after I attempt it. What do you think might be going on?

I will see if i have a free slot I can use. The graphics card makes things a little cramped. I'll get back to you after I attempt it. What do you think might be going on?
    Hi Dark Jaguar,

It may have something to do with the assigning of IRQ and other things that are making the sound card not working properly.
    Om Vajrapani Hum,
    HT-CL

I tried moving to another slot but it didn't appear to fix it. I have now tried removing my wireless card in case there was some issue regarding PCI lanes being taken up, though my processor and board should be able to handle all the lanes I have used up so far. I will let you know if it occurs again.