Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: New Sound BlasterX AE-5 requiring reboots...

Trusted Contributor

Re: New Sound BlasterX AE-5 requiring reboots...

Jesus its the Z series all over again.

Again nothing fixed it in my case but you can get by by putting the PC to sleep then waking it from inside Windows if your soundcard is missing (may take a few attempts) the thing is the daughter board on my ZxR does not go missing and its only connected through the main ZxR via a ribbon cable card so strange it is seen.

When you shut down Win 10 by default its not a hard shutdown its a Hybrid sleep (unless you disable it), so card should not disappear but do a hard shutdown or enter bios and save exit and it can.

Quote Originally Posted by HT-CL View Post
    Hi bfollowell,

The last resort is to change the boot settings in BIOS from "Secure Boot" to "Legacy Boot".

The "POST Delay Time" may be a little too long, do you want to set it to 5 seconds?

It seems that setting the BIOS to boot in "Legacy Boot" instead of "Secure Boot" is the better option.

I own the Sound BlasterX AE-5 but my mainboard is set at "Legacy Boot". But the computer does not have a SSD therefore its boot time is not fast.
    I've experimented with the Post Delay Time setting and the minimum stable setting that gives me consistent sound at boot up is 6 seconds.

I can't find any options for "Legacy Boot" within my motherboard setup. I did check Google and found some rather involved steps for disabling Secure Boot, which I guess would then be using "Legacy Boot" even though it doesn't call it that anywhere. Still, it seems rather involved and a lot of trouble to go through when my system is working fine by using the Post Delay Time setting of 6 seconds.

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by bfollowell View Post
    I've experimented with the Post Delay Time setting and the minimum stable setting that gives me consistent sound at boot up is 6 seconds.

I can't find any options for "Legacy Boot" within my motherboard setup. I did check Google and found some rather involved steps for disabling Secure Boot, which I guess would then be using "Legacy Boot" even though it doesn't call it that anywhere. Still, it seems rather involved and a lot of trouble to go through when my system is working fine by using the Post Delay Time setting of 6 seconds.

Thanks.
    Hi bfollowell,

Thank you for the information.
    Om Vajrapani Hum,
    HT-CL

http://www1.wfp.org/