Thread: Sound Blaster X7 Windows Update driver

Sound Blaster X7 Windows Update driver

Hello!

I have a question regarding the correct driver for my X7. I did a clean installation of Windows 10 (Fall Creators Update) and switched on the X7. It was detected immediately as "Sound Blaster X7" and Windows automatically installed a driver version 1.16.1.16 (dated 09/11/2017).

To be able to use the X7 software and advanced features I installed the latest driver package from your website (SBX7_PCDRV_L9_1_02_03.exe) which installed a driver 1.15.1.27 (dated 06/03/2016).
    According to the date and version, this driver seems older than the one which was directly installed by Windows before, but I thought that maybe the driver from your software package is somehow extended compared to the one which got installed automatically.

However, ~2 days later, this driver got replaced by Windows Update again and is now back at 1.16.1.16 (09/11/2017). Not so nice side-effect -> some of the mixer settings got reset by this update.
    So my question is: Is the driver coming from Windows Update the correct and latest driver to use or should I stay on the one included in the X7 software package (and maybe disable driver updates by Windows Update to prevent it from changing the driver again)? If so, is there a reason why the software package for the X7 is outdated and doesn't include the latest driver?

Re: Sound Blaster X7 Windows Update driver

Quote Originally Posted by tox1c90 View Post
    Hello!

I have a question regarding the correct driver for my X7. I did a clean installation of Windows 10 (Fall Creators Update) and switched on the X7. It was detected immediately as "Sound Blaster X7" and Windows automatically installed a driver version 1.16.1.16 (dated 09/11/2017).

To be able to use the X7 software and advanced features I installed the latest driver package from your website (SBX7_PCDRV_L9_1_02_03.exe) which installed a driver 1.15.1.27 (dated 06/03/2016).
    According to the date and version, this driver seems older than the one which was directly installed by Windows before, but I thought that maybe the driver from your software package is somehow extended compared to the one which got installed automatically.

However, ~2 days later, this driver got replaced by Windows Update again and is now back at 1.16.1.16 (09/11/2017). Not so nice side-effect -> some of the mixer settings got reset by this update.
    So my question is: Is the driver coming from Windows Update the correct and latest driver to use or should I stay on the one included in the X7 software package (and maybe disable driver updates by Windows Update to prevent it from changing the driver again)? If so, is there a reason why the software package for the X7 is outdated and doesn't include the latest driver?
    Hi tox1c90,

If the driver by Microsoft works with the Sound Blaster X7 Control Panel, the driver is an official driver.
    Om Vajrapani Hum,
    HT-CL

http://www1.wfp.org/