Thread: Sound BLaster ZX - Static (almost sounds like running water... kinda) while in games

Sound BLaster ZX - Static (almost sounds like running water... kinda) while in games

Setup:
    Windows 10 x64 Pro
    Sound Blaster ZX
    SLi 980 GTX setup.
    16gb RAM (2x8)
    PCIe Revodrive 980
    2x "Vector 150" 240gb
    1x "Vector 150" 480gb
    i7 4790k @ 4.6ghz (OCd slightly)

When listening to music, there is no issue.
    When in Windows, there is no issue.
    When in SOME games, there is a static, wet like, noise that spills through.

This has only appeared over the past few months despite owning the PC for a couple of years.

I have completely formatted and reinstalled the PC, same issue.

Any thoughts?
    Last edited by thefunksoulbro; 01-07-2018 at 06:28 PM.

Re: Sound BLaster ZX - Static (almost sounds like running water... kinda) while in games

Quote Originally Posted by thefunksoulbro View Post
    Setup:
    Sound Blaster ZX
    SLi 980 GTX setup.
    16gb RAM (2x8)
    PCIe Revodrive 980
    2x "Vector 150" 240gb
    1x "Vector 150" 480gb
    i7 4790k @ 4.6ghz (OCd slightly)

When listening to music, there is no issue.
    When in Windows, there is no issue.
    When in SOME games, there is a static, wet like, noise that spills through.

This has only appeared over the past few months despite owning the PC for a couple of years.

I have completely formatted and reinstalled the PC, same issue.

Any thoughts?
    Hi thefunksoulbro,

Do you want to try to run "Command Prompt" as Administrator and enter the command "bcdedit /deletevalue useplatformclock" and restart the computer to see if it helps?
    Om Vajrapani Hum,
    HT-CL

http://www1.wfp.org/

Re: Sound BLaster ZX - Static (almost sounds like running water... kinda) while in games

Hmm... I actually just tested this by disabling the device in device manager and opening up one of the games that has the issue - the sound is still there and coming from the back of the pc...

Maybe this is a PSU or GCard issue instead... :/

As an FYI, I did test the "bcdedit /deletevalue useplatformclock" anyway - no difference.

I am thinking one of my bits of hardware is about to go kaput... just not sure which...

Quote Originally Posted by thefunksoulbro View Post
    As an FYI, I did test the "bcdedit /deletevalue useplatformclock" anyway - no difference.

I am thinking one of my bits of hardware is about to go kaput... just not sure which...
    Hi thefunksoulbro,

Did the issue not happen with the Sound Blaster Zx on the same game before? You mentioned that the issue happened over the past few months.

Are you listening to audio through a headphones connected to the ACM of the Sound Blaster Zx?

If you are, you may want to connect the headphones directly to the headphones output of the Sound Blaster Zx to see if the issue persists.
    Last edited by HT-CL; 01-07-2018 at 06:47 PM.
    Om Vajrapani Hum,
    HT-CL

http://www1.wfp.org/