Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Problems with recording on X-Fi XtremeGamer PCI installed in Skylake system

  1. #1

    Question Problems with recording on X-Fi XtremeGamer PCI installed in Skylake system

    Hi,

    I have X-Fi XtremeGamer SB0770 PCI transfered from old LGA775 PC where it worked fine, to new system with Core i5-6600 and Gigabyte Z170-HD3P.

    Driver installation as usual, nothing bad happened. I turned music player, there's sound, that's good. Few days later I wanted to play online game with friends, where we communicate through the microphone. I can hear everyone's voices, but no one can hear my voice. So I run Audacity to check if it will record something. Volume bars set, muting is surely not enabled and still no wave appears. Tried again, again, again and finally it recorded something. But playback of it reveals that it's garbled (there are repetitive breaks in the recording, length of them don't change).

    I contacted tech support of motherboard producer, because as I expected, card worked fine in previous PC and also in the ancient Pentium III system. And they suggested disabling deep C-states for CPU cores.

    Suprisingly, this resolved problem with recording. But what's that, increased temperature of processor and overall increased idle power usage of system? Yes, to record anything I had to disable power-saving feature of my processor. That's bad (for my pocket).

    With Audigy 2 (which still I had in closet) no such problem was observed.

    So I have question to Creative: is there any chance that you could fix this issue (I really don't know how much it's complicated, because seems that it touches CPU-device communication, interrupts etc.) and release new driver pack despite that X-Fi is EOL?

    And to people with similar configuration: could you check if this problem is present and share results here?

  2. #2
    Moderator HT-CL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    1,351

    Re: Problems with recording on X-Fi XtremeGamer PCI installed in Skylake system

    Quote Originally Posted by pertyX View Post
    Hi,

    I have X-Fi XtremeGamer SB0770 PCI transfered from old LGA775 PC where it worked fine, to new system with Core i5-6600 and Gigabyte Z170-HD3P.

    Driver installation as usual, nothing bad happened. I turned music player, there's sound, that's good. Few days later I wanted to play online game with friends, where we communicate through the microphone. I can hear everyone's voices, but no one can hear my voice. So I run Audacity to check if it will record something. Volume bars set, muting is surely not enabled and still no wave appears. Tried again, again, again and finally it recorded something. But playback of it reveals that it's garbled (there are repetitive breaks in the recording, length of them don't change).

    I contacted tech support of motherboard producer, because as I expected, card worked fine in previous PC and also in the ancient Pentium III system. And they suggested disabling deep C-states for CPU cores.

    Suprisingly, this resolved problem with recording. But what's that, increased temperature of processor and overall increased idle power usage of system? Yes, to record anything I had to disable power-saving feature of my processor. That's bad (for my pocket).

    With Audigy 2 (which still I had in closet) no such problem was observed.

    So I have question to Creative: is there any chance that you could fix this issue (I really don't know how much it's complicated, because seems that it touches CPU-device communication, interrupts etc.) and release new driver pack despite that X-Fi is EOL?

    And to people with similar configuration: could you check if this problem is present and share results here?
    Hi pertyX,

    There is a workaround that may work but it may not work also.

    You may want to install both the Sound Blaster X-Fi XtremeGamer and the Sound Blaster Audigy 2 to the computer.

    Then you select the Sound Blaster X-Fi XtremeGamer as the default playback device and the Sound Blaster Audigy 2 as the default recording device on Windows Sound.
    Om Vajrapani Hum,
    HT-CL

    http://www1.wfp.org/

  3. #3

    Re: Problems with recording on X-Fi XtremeGamer PCI installed in Skylake system

    Quote Originally Posted by HT-CL View Post
    Hi pertyX,

    There is a workaround that may work but it may not work also.

    You may want to install both the Sound Blaster X-Fi XtremeGamer and the Sound Blaster Audigy 2 to the computer.

    Then you select the Sound Blaster X-Fi XtremeGamer as the default playback device and the Sound Blaster Audigy 2 as the default recording device on Windows Sound.

    It's not bad idea, but I'm worried about possible conflict between drivers and to be honest, it's not practical to have two sound cards in system. It won't hurt to check, though.

  4. #4
    Trusted Contributor
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Brazil
    Posts
    155

    Re: Problems with recording on X-Fi XtremeGamer PCI installed in Skylake system

    Quote Originally Posted by pertyX View Post
    It's not bad idea, but I'm worried about possible conflict between drivers and to be honest, it's not practical to have two sound cards in system. It won't hurt to check, though.
    You are better off trying to recording using your onboard sound chip.

  5. #5

    Re: Problems with recording on X-Fi XtremeGamer PCI installed in Skylake system

    I'll try my luck at GIGABYTE support, because more probably is that issue has something to do with onboard ASM1083 PCIe-PCI bridge. Maybe they will figure out what.

  6. #6

    Re: Problems with recording on X-Fi XtremeGamer PCI installed in Skylake system

    Update after long conversation with GIGABYTE tech support:

    Unfortunately they also were not able to determine the source of problem. Even changing PCI Latency Timer value didn't make any difference. *sigh*

    I'll try to contact ASMedia tech support now.

  7. #7
    Trusted Contributor
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Brazil
    Posts
    155

    Re: Problems with recording on X-Fi XtremeGamer PCI installed in Skylake system

    You can also try to mute and unmute the microphone on audio creation mode and see if it works, one time I had unbalanced left and right channels and muting-unmuting fixed it. You must do that on the Creative Control Center, not on Windows Audio Panel.

    Maybe even set to audio creation mode, hibernate the system, wake it up and set your desired mode.

  8. #8

    Re: Problems with recording on X-Fi XtremeGamer PCI installed in Skylake system

    I tried everything - muting/unmuting/disabling/enabling input sources, putting computer into sleep, switching modes in Creative Control Center before/after sleep state, installing fresh OS (Win7/8.1 and 10, x32 and x64), changing PCI slots for card.

    Only rebooting OS helps for about 15 minutes and suprisingly this is the moment when recording isn't garbled. Computer hardware is really funny piece of .... Even 20 years old PC is more compatible with then not-so-polished PCI standard than modern motherboard, in times when PCI standard is well established.
    Last edited by pertyX; 02-17-2018 at 11:43 PM.

  9. #9

    Re: Problems with recording on X-Fi XtremeGamer PCI installed in Skylake system

    So it's been a while. ASMedia isn't in hurry to answer my email.

    But today, while browsing through Windows Event Viewer, I found something that correlates with "bad" recording occurrence.
    Here's one of entry (they appear when I try to capture something from Line-In, Mic or What-U-Hear) from Microsoft-Windows-Audio/GlitchDetection log

    Engine Glitch: CP Server Input Endpoint - Starvation: pCCrossProcessServerInputEndpoint=[0x1a788770070] WriteOffset=[1024] ReadOffset=[1024] BufferSize=[8448] BytesAvail=[3840]
    They differ from each other by "pCCrossProcessServerInputEndpoint" hex value and "BufferSize" value.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •