Thread: Software Player ZXR

Regular Contributor

Software Player ZXR

Hello all..
    I have been testing and auditioning software players (Foobar, Roon).. I still use Creative MediaSource 5 Player/Organizer 5.26.02 with my ZXR and this player still outperforms all others as far as sound quality.
    There must be a reason, perhaps the Creative Player uses WASPI? I'm guessing but I haven't found a software that comes close to the quality of MediaSource.
    Can anyone shine some light on this? Is there in fact a better sounding player (I know this is subjective).

Thanks much..

Trusted Contributor

Re: Software Player ZXR

I have never liked the sound out of any of my Creative cards since the Audigy 2 (sound was ok up to and including Audigy 2 from older SB 5.1 Live series cards), but they do all sound better using Creatives own Media Source player for some reason or other.

I have a ZxR and had X-FI's before it and I think its my last soundcard TBH.
    Last edited by helmutcheese; 02-18-2018 at 09:45 PM.

Regular Contributor

Interesting.. I've been fairly happy with the ZXR although researching other sound and sound card options.. However, I think I'm moving away from the "DAC"s and sound card, looking at the Outlaw amp/pre-amp. I think sound cards are limited to their compact design and the PC to which they are installed.

Quote Originally Posted by pbxcomm View Post
    Interesting.. I've been fairly happy with the ZXR although researching other sound and sound card options.. However, I think I'm moving away from the "DAC"s and sound card, looking at the Outlaw amp/pre-amp. I think sound cards are limited to their compact design and the PC to which they are installed.
    Hi pbxcomm,

The Sound Blaster X7 has an amplifier for passive bookshelf speakers as well and can be used without being connected to a computer.
    Om Vajrapani Hum,
    HT-CL

http://www1.wfp.org/