Thread: Audigy 2 NX USB - Volume Issues - Random Channels Max Out

Audigy 2 NX USB - Volume Issues - Random Channels Max Out

I have an issue with a USB Audigy 2 NX. I have it set up with 5.1 speaker output, driver is Creative and the Creative programs are installed as well. When I adjust the volume it randomly picks a channel to jack up to full volume and then when I reduce the volume in response, it will cascade through the other 5 channels and jack them up to full volume and then reduce them one-by-one. It happens randomly no matter what I am listening to, whether I am using Kodi or iTunes. Has anyone experienced this?

Re: Audigy 2 NX USB - Volume Issues - Random Channels Max Out

Quote Originally Posted by gp1138 View Post
    I have an issue with a USB Audigy 2 NX. I have it set up with 5.1 speaker output, driver is Creative and the Creative programs are installed as well. When I adjust the volume it randomly picks a channel to jack up to full volume and then when I reduce the volume in response, it will cascade through the other 5 channels and jack them up to full volume and then reduce them one-by-one. It happens randomly no matter what I am listening to, whether I am using Kodi or iTunes. Has anyone experienced this?
    Hi gp1138,

You may want to try to install the custom driver by Daniel_K on this thread.
    Om Vajrapani Hum,
    HT-CL

http://www1.wfp.org/

I gave that a shot, and the newer control center is nice, but the volume control is still buggy. If I slide it manually it doesn't do it, but if I use the volume keys it will invariably jack a random channel up to max and even if I hold the Volume Down key it will randomly max out other channels and turn them down one by one. Really weird.

Update - this morning when I got in the car (Audigy NX is installed in my car running sound for my carputer) it was extremely buggy and the issue occurs even when using the volume slider with the mouse rather than just the volume buttons. This is irritating as all heck.