Thread: Sound volume level while switching configurations for AE-5

Sound volume level while switching configurations for AE-5

Hi All,

Windows 10, 3_2_11 driver for AE-5. Sound volume level is not saved while switching configurations in SBC2 which produce overwhelming effect when switching to low impedance headphones via Direct HP. Is it possible to workaround this issue or request the new feature? Many thanks in advance.
    Last edited by baribalbear; 02-09-2018 at 07:47 PM.

Re: Sound volume level while switching configurations for AE-5

Quote Originally Posted by baribalbear View Post
    Hi All,

Windows 10, 3_2_11 driver for AE-5. Sound volume level is not saved while switching configurations in SBC2 which produce overwhelming effect when switching to low impedance headphones via Direct HP. Is it possible to workaround this issue or request the new feature? Many thanks in advance.
    Hi baribalbear,

Do you mean that the volume stays the same when you switch from speakers to headphones as the audio output?

It is an implementation by design of the Sound BlasterX AE-5.

You may want to try to connect the front panel connector of the computer's case to the sound card and connect your headphones to the front panel of the computer's case.
    Om Vajrapani Hum,
    HT-CL

http://www1.wfp.org/

Quote Originally Posted by HT-CL View Post
    Hi baribalbear,

Do you mean that the volume stays the same when you switch from speakers to headphones as the audio output?

It is an implementation by design of the Sound BlasterX AE-5.

You may want to try to connect the front panel connector of the computer's case to the sound card and connect your headphones to the front panel of the computer's case.
    Ex. I have the active speakers which I'm listening via Stereo mode and a low impedance headphones for Direct HP and 7.1 HP usage. For each of those configurations I am obviously using different volume settings. I would like those volume settings are persistent between configuration switches. When I am listening music or clips in Stereo mode with the 50 sound volume and switching back to headphones I would like to have my favorite 15 sound volume and not the 50 which is left from Stereo mode and vice versa.

Could you explain why is it implemented by design?

I don't like to use the front panel as it ruins all the sound features of this card - simply speaking it is just the same as using MB integrated sound.
    Last edited by baribalbear; 02-10-2018 at 06:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by baribalbear View Post
    Ex. I have the active speakers which I'm listening via Stereo mode and a low impedance headphones for Direct HP and 7.1 HP usage. For each of those configurations I am obviously using different volume settings. I would like those volume settings are persistent between configuration switches. When I am listening music or clips in Stereo mode with the 50 sound volume and switching back to headphones I would like to have my favorite 15 sound volume and not the 50 which is left from Stereo mode and vice versa.

Could you explain why is it implemented by design?

I don't like to use the front panel as it ruins all the sound features of this card - simply speaking it is just the same as using MB integrated sound.
    Hi baribalbear,

If you connect a gaming headset to the headphones output of the Sound BlasterX AE-5 you will be able to adjust the volume using the inline control of the gaming headset.

If the inline control of the gaming headset is adjusted to be of a lower volume, switching the output from speakers to headphones will not affect the volume output.

There is a workaround which is to connect an inline volume control between the headphones and the sound card's headphones output port.

You may want to give a feedback on the audio output implementation through speakers and headphones by contacting Creative support with this link.
    Last edited by HT-CL; 02-12-2018 at 11:52 AM.
    Om Vajrapani Hum,
    HT-CL

http://www1.wfp.org/