Thread: Sound Blaster Z Equalizer Question

Visitor

Question Sound Blaster Z Equalizer Question

Ello,

I recently upgraded my computer and could not move over my old PCI X-fi XtremeGamer, so I bought a Sound Blaster Z.

Something I always did with the XtremeGamer was increase the "Treble Balance" one tick in the Tone tab in the sound settings. Like this :

The Sound Blaster Z does not have this particular tab, I take it things have to be adjusted with the Sound Blaster Control Panel's equalizer. What I would like to do is to tweak the equalizer to acheive the same effect as that one tick of treble balance in the old card's settings. I'm not overly familiar with playing with equalizers though, does anyone know which sliders to adjust and how much? I understand the right side sliders are what I need to look at, but I'm not sure if they should all be nudged up uniformly or gradually.

Any tips or advice would be greatly appeciated.

DW

Re: Sound Blaster Z Equalizer Question

Quote Originally Posted by DW View Post
    Ello,

I recently upgraded my computer and could not move over my old PCI X-fi XtremeGamer, so I bought a Sound Blaster Z.

Something I always did with the XtremeGamer was increase the "Treble Balance" one tick in the Tone tab in the sound settings. Like this :

The Sound Blaster Z does not have this particular tab, I take it things have to be adjusted with the Sound Blaster Control Panel's equalizer. What I would like to do is to tweak the equalizer to acheive the same effect as that one tick of treble balance in the old card's settings. I'm not overly familiar with playing with equalizers though, does anyone know which sliders to adjust and how much? I understand the right side sliders are what I need to look at, but I'm not sure if they should all be nudged up uniformly or gradually.

Any tips or advice would be greatly appeciated.

DW
    Hi DW,

You may want to try to increase the gain of the 8k and 16k bands by the gain you made previously on the Sound Blaster X-Fi XtremeGamer.
    Om Vajrapani Hum,
    HT-CL

http://www1.wfp.org/

Visitor

Re: Sound Blaster Z Equalizer Question

Ok, thanks for the tip

DW