Thread: Just a heads up: microphone suddenly not working after upgrading to Windows 10 RS4?

Contributor

Cool Just a heads up: microphone suddenly not working after upgrading to Windows 10 Redstone 4 - Spring Creators Update?

I've seen many confused people all over the interwebz why they suddenly can't record any audio after upgrading to Windows 10 build 17133 (Redstone 4, Spring Creators Update), the anwser is simple: don't turn off your microphone in Windows Settings > Privacy > Microphone!

You can turn off all apps which can access your microphone, just keep in mind that Allow apps to access your microphone needs to be turned On.
    Last edited by Barabadorx; 03-29-2018 at 08:05 PM.

Re: Just a heads up: microphone suddenly not working after upgrading to Windows 10 RS4?

Quote Originally Posted by Barabadorx View Post
    I've seen many confused people all over the interwebz why they suddenly can't record any audio after upgrading to Windows 10 build 17133 (RS4), the anwser is simple: don't turn off your microphone in Windows Settings > Privacy > Microphone!

You can turn off all apps which can access your microphone, just keep in mind that Allow apps to access your microphone needs to be turned On.
    Hi Barabadorx,

Thank you for the information.
    Om Vajrapani Hum,
    HT-CL

http://www1.wfp.org/

Re: Just a heads up: microphone suddenly not working after upgrading to Windows 10 RS4?

Ohhhhhhhhhh niiiiiiiiiiice! "What U Hear" is working again, woohoo
    Thanks! I'd sticky this if I could, but I'll just bookmark instead

Edit notes.
    Last edited by vBDKv; 05-17-2018 at 04:22 AM. Reason: I'm an idiot, it's already stickied :p