Thread: Sound Blaster X-fi Pro usb: no audio unless disconnect and re-plug usb after every boot

Sound Blaster X-fi Pro usb: no audio unless disconnect and re-plug usb after every boot

Hi,

I have had this external card for quite some time now, maybe years or something, and so far it has been working, however I upgraded my pc and reinstalled windows 10 just a week ago, everything worked fine previously, so the unit itself is not faulty.

What happens is that the device gets recognized by windows, I can install the drivers from the website and it works just fine, but if I reboot the pc, there will be no audio coming out of the speakers at all. The device is still there and it is active, but no audio whatsoever. If I pull the usb cable out and plug it back again it works fine again, there is sound and it works as expected, but this happens after every single boot. I have tried with multiple usb ports, tried through a hub, tried with an additional usb pci-e card, all do the same.

Does anyone have nay ideas what to do to make it work properly again?

Regards
    Last edited by RHorv; 04-03-2018 at 08:53 PM. Reason: typo in title

Re: Sound Blaster X-fi Pro usb: no audio unless disconnect and re-plug usb after every boot

Quote Originally Posted by RHorv View Post
    Hi,

I have had this external card for quite some time now, maybe years or something, and so far it has been working, however I upgraded my pc and reinstalled windows 10 just a week ago, everything worked fine previously, so the unit itself is not faulty.

What happens is that the device gets recognized by windows, I can install the drivers from the website and it works just fine, but if I reboot the pc, there will be no audio coming out of the speakers at all. The device is still there and it is active, but no audio whatsoever. If I pull the usb cable out and plug it back again it works fine again, there is sound and it works as expected, but this happens after every single boot. I have tried with multiple usb ports, tried through a hub, tried with an additional usb pci-e card, all do the same.

Does anyone have nay ideas what to do to make it work properly again?

Regards
    Hi RHorv,

You may want to check if the Sound Blaster X-Fi Go! Pro is selected as the default playback device on Windows Sound when there is no audio output from the Sound Blaster X-Fi Go! Pro.
    Om Vajrapani Hum,
    HT-CL

http://www1.wfp.org/

Re: Sound Blaster X-fi Pro usb: no audio unless disconnect and re-plug usb after every boot

Hi,

It is selected as default, (it is active, like I said in my original comment) but I can't see any levels fluctuating next to the device when I play anything (until I disconnect and reconnect the device to the usb port), so it literally is not giving out any sound. If I click "test device" in the playback devices list, I can see levels going up and down, but still no sound coming out of the speakers

Quote Originally Posted by RHorv View Post
    Hi,

It is selected as default, (it is active, like I said in my original comment) but I can't see any levels fluctuating next to the device when I play anything (until I disconnect and reconnect the device to the usb port), so it literally is not giving out any sound. If I click "test device" in the playback devices list, I can see levels going up and down, but still no sound coming out of the speakers
    Hi RHorv,

Do you want to share with us the model of the mainboard?

Try to connect the Sound Blaster X-Fi Go! Pro to a USB 2.0 port instead of a USB 3.0 port.
    Last edited by HT-CL; 04-13-2018 at 09:18 AM.
    Om Vajrapani Hum,
    HT-CL

same issue with titanium hd usb sb1240

Quote Originally Posted by hnguyen1982 View Post
    same issue with titanium hd usb sb1240
    Hi hnguyen1982,

For your issue with the Sound Blaster X-Fi HD, I have private messaged you with a suggestion to try to change the "USB Configuration" settings in BIOS.
    Last edited by HT-CL; 04-19-2018 at 12:00 PM.
    Om Vajrapani Hum,
    HT-CL

Quote Originally Posted by HT-CL View Post
    Hi hnguyen1982,

For your issue with the Sound Blaster X-Fi HD, I have private messaged you with a suggestion to try to change the "USB Configuration" settings in BIOS.
    tks mod but it does not work, i still plug out and plug in again

Quote Originally Posted by hnguyen1982 View Post
    tks mod but it does not work, i still plug out and plug in again
    Hi hnguyen1982,

Try to connect the Sound Blaster X-Fi HD to a USB 2.0 port instead of a USB 3.0 port.

You may want to try to disable Windows 10's 'USB selective suspend'.

You may want to contact Creative support using this link to see if there is a solution to the problem.
    Last edited by HT-CL; 04-19-2018 at 03:19 PM.
    Om Vajrapani Hum,
    HT-CL

Quote Originally Posted by HT-CL View Post
    Hi RHorv,

Do you want to share with us the model of the mainboard?

Try to connect the Sound Blaster X-Fi Go! Pro to a USB 2.0 port instead of a USB 3.0 port.
    Hi,

I have tried, it still doesn't work. (as in same result, have to disconnect and plug in again)

My motherboard is the asus z370 maximus x hero: https://www.asus.com/uk/Motherboards...AXIMUS-X-HERO/

Regards