Thread: Headphones with similar sound quality as the SB EVO ZxR?

Headphones with similar sound quality as the SB EVO ZxR?

We all know the Soundblaster Evo zxr have their drawbacks. The mic has a horrible quality most of the time, the lifetime of the headset is depends on the battery. If the battery is dead for good so is the headset. This is especialy annoying if you are using it purely as a gaming headset on the PC over USB only.

I've been using the Evo ZxR since Nov 2014, had a problem with charging with my first one, RMA'd it, got a new one and used it till mid 2017, when finally the battery died. I bought a new one and am using it till today. But seeing that creative removed the Evo ZxR from their lineup I think it is time to look for a headset that has the most importand similarity: The sound.

The sound on the Evo ZxR is the best sound I have ever heard on a pair of headphones. TBH the 50mm driver on their own aren't that superb. But with the SBaxx soundchip (equals a headphone amplifier with EQ) the sound is boosted in exactly the right direction. Depending on the setting you can get a deep bass sound with crystal clear trebbles. Superb.

So can you name headphones with a similar sound quality? Microphone is not needed and cable only is ok as well.

Re: Headphones with similar sound quality as the SB EVO ZxR?

Quote Originally Posted by kuraikami View Post
    We all know the Soundblaster Evo zxr have their drawbacks. The mic has a horrible quality most of the time, the lifetime of the headset is depends on the battery. If the battery is dead for good so is the headset. This is especialy annoying if you are using it purely as a gaming headset on the PC over USB only.

I've been using the Evo ZxR since Nov 2014, had a problem with charging with my first one, RMA'd it, got a new one and used it till mid 2017, when finally the battery died. I bought a new one and am using it till today. But seeing that creative removed the Evo ZxR from their lineup I think it is time to look for a headset that has the most importand similarity: The sound.

The sound on the Evo ZxR is the best sound I have ever heard on a pair of headphones. TBH the 50mm driver on their own aren't that superb. But with the SBaxx soundchip (equals a headphone amplifier with EQ) the sound is boosted in exactly the right direction. Depending on the setting you can get a deep bass sound with crystal clear trebbles. Superb.

So can you name headphones with a similar sound quality? Microphone is not needed and cable only is ok as well.
    Hi kuraikami,

You may want to consider the Sound BlasterX G5.

You can connect the Sound Blaster EVO ZxR to the Sound BlasterX G5 using a 3.5mm audio cable.
    Om Vajrapani Hum,
    HT-CL

http://www1.wfp.org/

Quote Originally Posted by HT-CL View Post
    Hi kuraikami,

You may want to consider the Sound BlasterX G5.

You can connect the Sound Blaster EVO ZxR to the Sound BlasterX G5 using a 3.5mm audio cable.
    Why should I connect the SB EVO ZxR with built in amplifier to a extern amplifier?
    This will not get rid of the problem with battery some time in the future.

But if you say that I can use the SBX G5 to enhance the sound of other headphones then you are more than right.

Do you know if the SBX G5 can be used with USB only or is it depending on the intern battery like its little brother the Sound Blaster E3? My GF is using the SB E3 and she has problems with the device if the battery is not charged high enough.

Why should I connect the SB EVO ZxR with built in amplifier to a extern amplifier?
    This will not get rid of the problem with battery some time in the future.

But if you say that I can use the SBX G5 to enhance the sound of other headphones then you are more than right.

Do you know if the SBX G5 can be used with USB only or is it depending on the intern battery like its little brother the Sound Blaster E3? My GF is using the SB E3 and she has problems with the device if the battery is not charged high enough.
    Hi kuraikami,

Because you like the audio characteristic of the Sound Blaster EVO ZxR and the audio characteristics of the other Sound Blaster gaming headsets are different from the Sound Blaster EVO ZxR, I suggested the Sound BlasterX G5.

I am not asking you to purchase the Sound BlasterX G5 as it is only a suggestion.

The Sound BlasterX G5 does not have a built-in battery.

I may have missed this point about an alternative Sound Blaster gaming headset.

The Sound Blaster Tactic3D USB V2.0 has the closest audio characteristic to the Sound Blaster EVO ZxR but the bass may not be as strong.

I did not recommend the Sound BlasterX H7 Tournament Edition as the bass of the Sound Blaster EVO ZxR is stronger but the clarity of the Sound BlasterX H7 Tournament Edition is higher.

Some users find the bass of the Sound BlasterX H7 Tournament Edition not strong enough.
    Last edited by HT-CL; 04-05-2018 at 03:21 PM.
    Om Vajrapani Hum,
    HT-CL

Hi kuraikami,

Because you like the audio characteristic of the Sound Blaster EVO ZxR and the audio characteristics of the other Sound Blaster gaming headsets are different from the Sound Blaster EVO ZxR, I suggested the Sound BlasterX G5.

I am not asking you to purchase the Sound BlasterX G5 as it is only a suggestion.

The Sound BlasterX G5 does not have a built-in battery.

I may have missed this point about an alternative Sound Blaster gaming headset.

The Sound Blaster Tactic3D USB V2.0 has the closest audio characteristic to the Sound Blaster EVO ZxR but the bass may not be as strong.

I did not recommend the Sound BlasterX H7 Tournament Edition as the bass of the Sound Blaster EVO ZxR is stronger but the clarity of the Sound BlasterX H7 Tournament Edition is higher.

Some users find the bass of the Sound BlasterX H7 Tournament Edition not strong enough.

I think now I know that you meant with connecting the SB EVP ZxR to the SBX G5 via headphone jack cable. It is possible to use the headset as a normal headset. Great idea!

I think I will give this a try. Thank you.

I think now I know that you meant with connecting the SB EVP ZxR to the SBX G5 via headphone jack cable. It is possible to use the headset as a normal headset. Great idea!

I think I will give this a try. Thank you.
    Hi kuraikami,

We are glad you like the Sound Blaster EVO ZxR .
    Om Vajrapani Hum,
    HT-CL

Hi kuraikami,

We are glad you like the Sound Blaster EVO ZxR .
    I am looking forward to your next product similar to the SB EVO ZxR.