Thread: X7: After starting Windows the volume is set to 100%

X7: After starting Windows the volume is set to 100%

It's a real lottery. I'm always afraid that when I turn on the computer, terribly loud sounds come out of the speakers at 100% volume. Apparently, the integrated microphone monitoring activates and the volume goes up to 100%. This is terribly loud and unpleasant, I am afraid that my speakers will break.

The driver I have already reinstalled several times, the latest firmware is installed. On the internet, I read that I'm not the only one with the problem. Is there a solution now?

Re: X7: After starting Windows the volume is set to 100%

Quote Originally Posted by bonidinimon View Post
    It's a real lottery. I'm always afraid that when I turn on the computer, terribly loud sounds come out of the speakers at 100% volume. Apparently, the integrated microphone monitoring activates and the volume goes up to 100%. This is terribly loud and unpleasant, I am afraid that my speakers will break.

The driver I have already reinstalled several times, the latest firmware is installed. On the internet, I read that I'm not the only one with the problem. Is there a solution now?
    Hi bonidinimon,

Have you tried to mute the setting "Mic-In/Mic Array" under "Mixer" -> "Playback"?

You may also try to reduce the volume of "Mic-In/Mic Array" to its lowest setting.

You can try to use the Sound Blaster X7 Control app to mute microphone under "Playback" if muting the setting "Mic-In/Mic Array" using the Sound Blaster X7 Control Panel application in Windows does not help.

The last resort is to connect a 3.5mm audio cable with the other end not connected to the microphone input port of the Sound Blaster X7 to make the Sound Blaster X7 switch the microphone input from the microphone array to an external microphone.

Sound Blaster X7_6_X7_controlpanel_mixer_default.jpg

Sound Blaster X7_6_X7_Control_Mixer.jpg
    Last edited by HT-CL; 04-08-2018 at 11:46 PM.
    Om Vajrapani Hum,
    HT-CL

http://www1.wfp.org/

Re: X7: After starting Windows the volume is set to 100%

Hi HT-CL

Thanks for your reply

The problem is that the creative software often forgets the settings.
    I will realize your idea with the audio cable. But I still hope that someday it will be fixed with a Driver or Firmware update