Thread: What current Soundblaster sound card gives the best quality sound output?

What current Soundblaster sound card gives the best quality sound output?

Hey guys,

My X-Fi Titanium died so I need a new soundcard asap. I bought a Soundblaster Z and returned it straight away as I hated the horrible flat sound it gave me when listening to music. I'm not a heavy gamer and listen to music via my Logitech Z906 5.1 speakers more often and never use headphones so don't need a separate headphone amp and don't want one that tries to sell you stupid RGB lighting inside your case!

I just want good sound quality and yet I'm really struggling to find anything that's a suitable replacement to my old X-Fi

Has anyone faced a similar problem but has eventually found a new soundcard to replace their old X-Fi?

I know sound quality is personal and subjective but there's hardly any reviews online comparing soundcards for that very reason I guess.

If I hated the sound from the 'Soundblaster Z' is the 'Soundblaster ZxR' any different does anyone know?

PLEASE HELP!

Re: What current Soundblaster sound card gives the best quality sound output?

Quote Originally Posted by POOTERMAN View Post
    Hey guys,

My X-Fi Titanium died so I need a new soundcard asap. I bought a Soundblaster Z and returned it straight away as I hated the horrible flat sound it gave me when listening to music. I'm not a heavy gamer and listen to music via my Logitech Z906 5.1 speakers more often and never use headphones so don't need a separate headphone amp and don't want one that tries to sell you stupid RGB lighting inside your case!

I just want good sound quality and yet I'm really struggling to find anything that's a suitable replacement to my old X-Fi

Has anyone faced a similar problem but has eventually found a new soundcard to replace their old X-Fi?

I know sound quality is personal and subjective but there's hardly any reviews online comparing soundcards for that very reason I guess.

If I hated the sound from the 'Soundblaster Z' is the 'Soundblaster ZxR' any different does anyone know?

PLEASE HELP!
    Hi POOTERMAN,

I agree that sound quality is personal and subjective.

I can't tell you if the Sound Blaster ZxR sounds better than the Sound Blaster Z.

The Sound Blaster ZxR has a higher SNR than the Sound Blaster Z.
    Om Vajrapani Hum,
    HT-CL

http://www1.wfp.org/