Thread: Sound Blaster Z Pro Studio: Can not set/activate encoder to Dolby or DTS in cinema tab

Sound Blaster Z Pro Studio: Can not set/activate encoder to Dolby or DTS in cinema tab

Dear Support,

i bought a Sound Blaster Z a few days ago, installed all software, connected my optical cable, and set all necessary settings to be able to play games in 5.1. So far everything worked well.

3 days ago the system (Windows 10 1803, all updates installed) switched back to stereo with just the 2 PCM streams. I found out, that the configuration was automatically set back to "No Encoder" in the cinema tab.

When i try to set the encoder to Dolby or DTS , it says the following:
    "The task requires the exclusive use of your audio device. Please stop playback and try again."
    I translated with google, the original text in german is: "Fuer die Aufgabe ist die ausschliessliche Nutzung Ihres Audiogeraets erforderlich. Bitte halten Sie die Wiedergabe an und versuchen Sie es erneut."

I (several times) uninstalled the software and then all creative drivers from the sound configuration, used CCleaner to clean up registry, deleted all "creative" folders, restarted, installed everything again, and the problem persists.

Despite the fact that there is no current playback the encoder cannot be set to Dolby or DTS anymore. What would you suggest to do now to solve the problem? Do you have any suggestions please?

If you need any infos, screenshots, anything else, i will of course provide.

Best regards,
    Claus
    Last edited by Claus; 05-13-2018 at 05:13 PM.

Re: Sound Blaster Z Pro Studio: Can not set/activate encoder to Dolby or DTS in cinema tab

Quote Originally Posted by Claus View Post
    Dear Support,

i bought a Sound Blaster Z a few days ago, installed all software, connected my optical cable, and set all necessary settings to be able to play games in 5.1. So far everything worked well.

3 days ago the system (Windows 10 1803, all updates installed) switched back to stereo with just the 2 PCM streams. I found out, that the configuration was automatically set back to "No Encoder" in the cinema tab.

When i try to set the encoder to Dolby or DTS , it says the following:
    "The task requires the exclusive use of your audio device. Please stop playback and try again."
    I translated with google, the original text in german is: "Fuer die Aufgabe ist die ausschliessliche Nutzung Ihres Audiogeraets erforderlich. Bitte halten Sie die Wiedergabe an und versuchen Sie es erneut."

I (several times) uninstalled the software and then all creative drivers from the sound configuration, used CCleaner to clean up registry, deleted all "creative" folders, restarted, installed everything again, and the problem persists.

Despite the fact that there is no current playback the encoder cannot be set to Dolby or DTS anymore. What would you suggest to do now to solve the problem? Do you have any suggestions please?

If you need any infos, screenshots, anything else, i will of course provide.

Best regards,
    Claus
    Hi Claus,

You may want to check if "Speakers" is selected as the default playback device instead of "SPDIF-Out".
    Om Vajrapani Hum,
    HT-CL

http://www1.wfp.org/

Re: Sound Blaster Z Pro Studio: Can not set/activate encoder to Dolby or DTS in cinema tab

Dear HT-CL,

i have read about this and yes, speakers are the default playback device. Stereo i can hear, just not set the encoder to Dolby or DTS.

Quote Originally Posted by Claus View Post
    Dear HT-CL,

i have read about this and yes, speakers are the default playback device. Stereo i can hear, just not set the encoder to Dolby or DTS.
    Hi Claus,

Do you want to try to uninstall the driver using "Apps & features" then you install the driver with the latest version?

This website contains some information that may help in the issue.
    Last edited by HT-CL; 05-14-2018 at 10:59 AM.
    Om Vajrapani Hum,
    HT-CL

http://www1.wfp.org/