Thread: SB Zx lost ext mic capability

Contributor

SB Zx lost ext mic capability

Hello. I've had a SoundBlaster Zx for about a year or so, using WinX latest to date, drivers are L13_1_01_10, and the external mic recently stopped working. I'm going to try reinstalling the drivers, again, but other than that I'm lost on troubleshooting the issue, any help would be great,

Thanks!

Contributor

Re: SB Zx lost ext mic capability

So I just found out it does work BUT... the controll panel 'Crystal Voice' 'Test' function does not work. Maybe one of the windows update broke it, but in order to test it you have to go to Windows 'Sounds' = right click on speaker icon if you have it enabled in the task bar, and open sound and select the 'Recording' tab up top. Select Properties, select the 'Listen' tab and check the box 'Listen to this device' and it will allow the mic to funciton. While testing the mic this way the Crystal Voice options will operate in normal fasion, it seems.

Hope this helps others. I think it possibly is an issue with permissions ,,, still if anyone has an idea, your help would be appreciated, thanks.

Re: SB Zx lost ext mic capability

Quote Originally Posted by ha20x2k.sys View Post
    So I just found out it does work BUT... the controll panel 'Crystal Voice' 'Test' function does not work. Maybe one of the windows update broke it, but in order to test it you have to go to Windows 'Sounds' = right click on speaker icon if you have it enabled in the task bar, and open sound and select the 'Recording' tab up top. Select Properties, select the 'Listen' tab and check the box 'Listen to this device' and it will allow the mic to funciton. While testing the mic this way the Crystal Voice options will operate in normal fasion, it seems.

Hope this helps others. I think it possibly is an issue with permissions ,,, still if anyone has an idea, your help would be appreciated, thanks.
    Hi ha20x2k.sys,

This post by the user Barabadorx may help.
    Last edited by HT-CL; 05-14-2018 at 02:15 PM.
    Om Vajrapani Hum,
    HT-CL

http://www1.wfp.org/