Thread: Driver Issues with X-Fi Platinum

Question Driver Issues with X-Fi Platinum

Hi all,

First off, I really appreciate your help. I've been struggling with this for at least 6 hours. Just uninstalling and reinstalling different drivers. Haven't had luck with anything!

First off, I finally got drivers from Creative to work. It shows up correctly, but with a Code 10 Error in Device Manager. Then, if I scan for hardware changes, it goes to Other Devices and says that there is no driver available.

Second, I've been experimenting with drivers from @daniel_k, but I've been having issues with those too. Some of them don't detect my device, even though I'm sure their the right drivers. Ones that do think I have the right device just don't seem to change anything.

I've also ran the Device ID Utility, and came up with this:
    Code:
    The following Creative devices were detected:

PCI\VEN_1102&DEV_0005&SUBSYS_00211102
    I'm lost at what to do, and would appreciate any help I can get.

Thank you!
    Last edited by KPopOG; 05-17-2018 at 07:42 AM.

Re: Driver Issues with X-Fi Platinum

Quote Originally Posted by KPopOG View Post
    Hi all,

First off, I really appreciate your help. I've been struggling with this for at least 6 hours. Just uninstalling and reinstalling different drivers. Haven't had luck with anything!

First off, I finally got drivers from Creative to work. It shows up correctly, but with a Code 10 Error in Device Manager. Then, if I scan for hardware changes, it goes to Other Devices and says that there is no driver available.

Second, I've been experimenting with drivers from @daniel_k, but I've been having issues with those too. Some of them don't detect my device, even though I'm sure their the right drivers. Ones that do think I have the right device just don't seem to change anything.

I've also ran the Device ID Utility, and came up with this:
    Code:
    The following Creative devices were detected:

PCI\VEN_1102&DEV_0005&SUBSYS_00211102
    I'm lost at what to do, and would appreciate any help I can get. I should mention I purchased it off Craigslist, but there are no signs of physical damage.

Thank you!
    Hi KPopOG,

You did not mention the operating system that the computer is running. Was the sound card working on the previous version of the operating system?

Did you change the mainboard before the Sound Blaster X-Fi Platinum's driver cannot be installed properly?
    Om Vajrapani Hum,
    HT-CL

http://www1.wfp.org/

Quote Originally Posted by HT-CL View Post
    Hi KPopOG,

You did not mention the operating system that the computer is running. Was the sound card working on the previous version of the operating system?

Did you change the mainboard before the Sound Blaster X-Fi Platinum's driver cannot be installed properly?
    Oh, my bad! Specs are below. And no, I've never had luck with it.

CPU: AMD FX-8120 8 core, base clock 3.1 GHz OC'd to 4.0 GHz
    GPU: EVGA 960 FTW Edition
    RAM: PNY 16 GB DDR3 1600 MHz
    SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 256 GB2x
    HDD: Seagate 480 GB 7200 RPM
    Board: Gigabyte GA-970A-UD3
    Case: NZXT. something or other
    PSU: 650W Antec EarthWatts 80+ rating

Thanks!

Oh, my bad! Specs are below. And no, I've never had luck with it.

CPU: AMD FX-8120 8 core, base clock 3.1 GHz OC'd to 4.0 GHz
    GPU: EVGA 960 FTW Edition
    RAM: PNY 16 GB DDR3 1600 MHz
    SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 256 GB2x
    HDD: Seagate 480 GB 7200 RPM
    Board: Gigabyte GA-970A-UD3
    Case: NZXT. something or other
    PSU: 650W Antec EarthWatts 80+ rating

Thanks!
    Hi KPopOG,

I have previously got the Sound Blaster X-Fi Platinum working on Windows 10 version 1709.

I had not tested the Sound Blaster X-Fi Platinum on Windows 10 version 1803.

The Sound Blaster X-Fi Platinum may not be working on Windows 10 version 1803.

The Sound Blaster X-Fi Platinum and the Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium are using different DSPs and different drivers.

You may want to try to do a manual install of the driver using the "Have Disk" function to see if it helps.

This article gives information on how to do a manual install of the driver.
    Last edited by HT-CL; 05-14-2018 at 12:31 PM.
    Om Vajrapani Hum,
    HT-CL

Hi KPopOG,

I have previously got the Sound Blaster X-Fi Platinum working on Windows 10 version 1709.

I had not tested the Sound Blaster X-FI Platinum on Windows 10 version 1803.

The Sound Blaster X-Fi Platinum may not be working on Windows 10 version 1803.

The Sound Blaster X-Fi Platinum and the Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium are using different DSPs and different drivers.

You may want to try to do a manual install of the driver using the "Have Disk" function to see if it helps.
    Did you do anything special to get it working on Windows 10 1709? I believe I tried it on there before updating.

And, were you using Creative drivers or drivers from Daniel K? His custom ones are supposed to be better I guess...

Thanks!

Did you do anything special to get it working on Windows 10 1709? I believe I tried it on there before updating.

And, were you using Creative drivers or drivers from Daniel K? His custom ones are supposed to be better I guess...

Thanks!
    Hi KPopOG,

I used the driver provided on Creative's support website.

I did not do anything special to the computer.

The computer does not have a SSD drive. It is booting on a hard drive.
    Last edited by HT-CL; 05-14-2018 at 12:22 PM.
    Om Vajrapani Hum,
    HT-CL

Hi KPopOG,

Really? It just installed perfectly? Lemme redownload and try again... I'll get back to you tomorrow.

Hi KPopOG,

I did not do anything special to the computer.

The computer does not have a SSD drive. It is booting on a hard drive.
    It's an SSD issue... when installing the drivers, my PC kept crashing due to SSD-related issues, and I tried installing the drivers on a HDD and had no issues.

That's really annoying... Going to reach out to Creative asking for a fix.

Thanks for the help!

It's an SSD issue... when installing the drivers, my PC kept crashing due to SSD-related issues, and I tried installing the drivers on a HDD and had no issues.

That's really annoying... Going to reach out to Creative asking for a fix.

Thanks for the help!
    Hi KPopOG,

The computer may be booting too fast before the Sound Blaster X-Fi Platinum is initialized.

The Sound Blaster X-Fi Platinum was released on August 2005.

This is the press release of the Sound Blaster X-Fi Platinum.

The Sound Blaster X-Fi Platinum was released before SSD drives were on the market.

You may want to try to set the hard drive boot to before the SSD drive in BIOS to slow down the boot time.

You seem to be using two SSDs in RAID mode and it may have caused the boot time to be even faster.

You can also try to set a DVD-Rom drive to boot before the SSD drive to increase the boot time.
    Last edited by HT-CL; 05-17-2018 at 12:18 PM.
    Om Vajrapani Hum,
    HT-CL