Thread: What is "Creative SB Live! Series (WDM

What is "Creative SB Live! Series (WDM)"?

I was given an "Creative SB Li've! Series (WDM)", but no manual or CD. I plugged it in and everything seemed fine; WinXP Pro recognised the card and installed the appropriate drivers.

Now I wish to record some old tapes and connected my walkman to the line in port but got no sound, so I tried the mic port and now I get sound but the record level slider does not seem to have any discernable effect to the sound even though I know the "Audio Cleaning Lab" is getting the level of input the slider is set at, but I I can't hear the adjustment in order to fine tune the level.

Can somebody tell me which card the "Creative SB Li've! Series (WDM)" is and where in the Creative Labs website I can download a copy of the manual and the appropriate drivers for the card.

Thanks to all who can help.

Re: What is "Creative SB Live! Series (WDM)"?

That name doesn't give a full picture of which card you have. The best thing would be if you can look at the card itself, and write down which numbers are printed on it. These are the model number and serial number, we can see which model you have then.

It would be best to get the appropriate drivers and software (basic package in any case), so you can control the mixer settings. A walkman should be connected to the line-input, with the recording (red) slider set to the appropriate source and the volume turned up for the line-in.

Cat

The model number on the card is "SB000" and the serial number is "MSB000230023584". In case it's of any additional help I'm running Window XP Service Pack 2, Intel Celeron 800, 52 RAM, 50 GB HDD. Let me know if you need further information.

Thanks.

That card is the SBLi've 5. (Digital). You should be able to use the file Li'veDrvUni-Pack(ENG).exe

Cat

Thanks for the help getting the correct drivers. I installed them and re-started the PC but I'm still left with my orginal problem. I'm using a program called "Audio Cleaning Lab" to re-master some old tapes onto CD (all the stuff I can't get on CD). It has an input level meter that shows the level of the incoming audio signal and this is used to ensure that the signal isn't strongth enough or is too loud (which results in clipping and distortion). I can hear the music thru my hi-fi, but no matter how much I move the slider on the "Recording Control" I can't hear the change (sort of in real time). The change does occur but I can only monitor it visually (doesn't allow any fine tuning) or after the recording has been made (that'd take a long time to get it just right). What am I missing? [Feel free to start this as a new thread.]Message Edited by clarke7052 on 05-7-2005 2:58 AM