Thread: What Driver do I use for SB0060 (soundblaster li

What Driver do I use for SB0060 (soundblaster live)

Since I bought the SB0060 used it did not include software. I want the most recent driver update anyway. My problem is that i'm using a 4. creative speaker setup. The driver that I'm using right now only has options for 2,4,5.,and 7.. Obviously I need a 4. option. Which driver do I use for this card so that I can have a 4. option in the speaker setup?

Windows XP
    SB0060
    Creative inspire 4400 (4.)

Thanks!

Uber Guru

Re: What Driver do I use for SB0060 (soundblaster live)

Wilky,

Use the Li'veDrvUniPack. It is found in the support/downloads section of this website. Go there and in the search area type in "Li'veDrvUni" and it will take you to this download. Download and install it and you will be able to set your speakers to 4..

Jeremy

Jeremy,

Thanks for responding. I've been using the li've uni eng driver. It seems to run my card indeed, but i'm still having the problem of no 4. option.

If I go into control panel (XP) and choose sounds and audio devices, under speaker settings and advanced, and speaker setup, I don't have a 4. option. This is a windows control panel so I pick 5. which is closer than the next closest (quadraphonic).

In my audio hq, I dont have 4. in there either. 2, 5. or 7.. Is there some trick I need to know to enable 4. on windows? or is it purely in the driver?

Uber Guru

Wiky,

Quadraphonic = 4.

It's just a fancy way of saying four speakers. Select that and 4. will work.

Jeremy

Trusted Contributor

jeremy,

will that file work for my audigy 2 ZS gamer? and if so, do i have to install the full suite or will it allow 4. even with the drivers only installed with ctpanel.exe as my control?

Uber Guru

Dazco,

You can set 4. in CTpanel and it will work.

Jeremy

Heh, Yeah I know quadraphonic means 4. I guess I was expecting an option for 4 AND 4.. For those people who have a 4 speaker setup, they use quadraphonic, for those of us that have 4. - i was expecting an actual 4. option.

Uber Guru

Wilky,

The . of 4. is actually handled by a crossover built into the speakers themselves by the standard so there really isn't a distinct subwoofer channel sent when the card is in 4 speaker mode. This is why it is called quadraphonic and not 4. because the signal on the sound card does not have a distinct subwoofer channel.

Jeremy

Jeremy,

I don't know if you get paid or just volunteer, but thank you very much for your timely and straight forward answers!

Uber Guru

Wiky,

I am a paid employee of Creative Labs. You're welcome for the help and thank you for the compliments.

Jeremy